Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Farnborough hotel recommendations

• elguiri 216 posts

Looking for a one night stay somewhere within about 15 miles / 20 mins of Farnborough, with either connecting room for child, or living room with sofabed (so that we can stay up after child goes to sleep). Any suggestions / recommendations?

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    jsto 74 posts

Have you looked at The Aviator? https://www.aviatorhampshire.com/
    Smart hotel, and pretty nice to see the private jets take off and land if you have an airside room.
    The suites can be good value too.

elguiri 216 posts

Looks nice, but slightly over budget (£605 with breakfast). Looking more towards sub-£250.

Tom2 113 posts

The Elvetham about 15 minutes from Farnborough. Very impressive building and grounds. Recent TA reviews suggest service has fallen during COVID though so depends what type of stay you are looking for.

elguiri 216 posts

The Elvetham about 15 minutes from Farnborough. Very impressive building and grounds. Recent TA reviews suggest service has fallen during COVID though so depends what type of stay you are looking for.

Thanks, yes TA reviews don’t sound good do they.

Super Secret Stuff 365 posts

Looks nice, but slightly over budget (£605 with breakfast). Looking more towards sub-£250.

The aviator is amazing if you request airport views. Anything above £200 + breakfast is extortionate though. Completely left field so to speak, the Ely is nearby and joined to a pub. Never stayed but the pub is good. I can imagine it has really good countryside views too. The Casa Hotel is good too. But fair warning, the aviator is the best around, you aren’t that spoiled for choice

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    elguiri 216 posts

I think the reason aviator was so high, is that all the rooms are only for max 2 persons? When I take our child off, it halves in price (so was costing for 2 rooms).

elguiri 216 posts

Smart hotel, and pretty nice to see the private jets take off and land if you have an airside room.

Looks nice, but slightly out of budget (£605 with breakfast). Looking more at sub-£250

elguiri 216 posts

elguiri 216 posts

I wanted to reply above that it looks like the Captcha released my post from this morning – but then the captcha popped up and then lost my reply…

JohnTh 58 posts

Alway keep an eye on Trvalzoo or Secret Escapes!

jsto 74 posts

I think the reason aviator was so high, is that all the rooms are only for max 2 persons? When I take our child off, it halves in price (so was costing for 2 rooms).

I wonder if they can add a rollaway bed to one of the suites? Though I think they are all open-plan (albeit very spacious) so still may not give you the set-up you were after

Olly 242 posts

There’s a doubletree in Wokingham (St. Anns Manor), which is a reasonably priced loyalty option. There’s also a HI in Farnborough itself, but not the best of locations on a busy roundabout not particularly near anything

elguiri 216 posts

@jsto: I did call and ask, they said extra bed only available in the sky suite unfortunately.

ps Captcha issue yet again when replying to the post

elguiri 216 posts

@Olly: thanks, St Anne’s was one of the ones I was looking at. I couldn’t find much around there to visit though, so started looking further down towards Basingstoke instead.

As someone else mentioned, the Elvetham seems to fit the bill but doesn’t have good recent reviews.
    Hampshire Court Hotel & Spa seems to look alright.

With most of these I end up having to give them a call as the photos/descriptions don’t make it clear whether the extra bed is placed next to main bed or in separate area.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.