Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Flying KLM business class from Edinburgh – which lounge, and hand luggage?

• AnotherUser 181 posts

I’m flying KLM business class from Edinburgh to Schiphol, on a Virgin points redemption. Anyone know which lounge I can use in Edinburgh? KLM weren’t sure on the phone!

Anyone know how strict KLM are about hand luggage nowadays? My bag is slightly over the dimensions on their website. I can put it in the hold if needs-be, but given what a mess luggage handling is at both airports at the moment, I’d rather not!

Harry T 96 posts

I can see from Flyertalk that Air France uses the two Aspire lounges at Edinburgh and I suspect KLM will be the same.

I’ve flown KLM HBO a fair few times, including this year, and they have never given a hoot about the size of anyone’s hand luggage. I think you will be fine unless you are clearly taking the piss, which it sounds like you are not.

Peggerz 100 posts

Hi @AnotherUser.
    Try your best not to put luggage in hold as it’s a bit of a nightmare atm.
    You will use one of the two Aspire lounges. I prefer the one at gate 16 next to the old No.1 lounge (RIP).

AnotherUser 181 posts

Thanks! We’re talking 55*45*25cm cabin bags – so hopefully doesn’t count as taking the piss!

That’s handy to know re lounges. I guess we just have to hope that they’re not sold out!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.