Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Flying Vueling on BA flight no

• circusflyer 17 posts

Hi all,
    If I’m flying Vueling on a BA flight no, can I expect to access the BA lounge via my BA Gold status?
    Thanks,
    Sarah

ChrisBCN 237 posts

You didn’t say where you are flying from/to, but if you are flying from Gatwick with a gold you can access the lounge, but only the cardholder (no guest).

Also this assumes it’s a regular Vueling operated flight, and not a wet lease.

circusflyer 17 posts

Thanks – I am flying LGW-BCN. My OH is BA Silver so won’t need to guest him into the lounge unless his silver status is not recognised?

stevenhp1987 331 posts

A quick Google… https://www.headforpoints.com/2019/01/02/british-airways-lounge-access-flying-vueling-aer-lingus-flybe-airbaltic/

It seems only Gold has access to the lounge flying with Vueling. Silver won’t.

Remember they are not in OneWorld.

You can try and go into the lounge together and see what happens…

circusflyer 17 posts

Thanks for the advice. I’ll be sure to take the Priority Pass as a back up!

jj 520 posts

Thanks for the advice. I’ll be sure to take the Priority Pass as a back up!

Good luck with that. I’m BA Gold flying on a Vueling/BA codeshate from BHX right now. No entitlement to lounge, fast track security or priority check-in, and all three lounges covered by my Amex Platinum claim to be full so aren’t accepting walk-ins.

To be honest, All Bar One, where I ended up, was probably a good deal more pleasant than the dowdy, overcrowded lounges in any case. But another nail in the coffin for the value proposition of Amex Platinum or BA Gold.

circusflyer 17 posts

Thanks for the warning. I’m only going Vueling as BA cash prices were through the roof and there was no Avios availability. I will brace myself for the airport experience!

ChrisBCN 237 posts

Good luck with that. I’m BA Gold flying on a Vueling/BA codeshate from BHX right now. No entitlement to lounge,

There is no BA lounge at BHX. There is no BA entitlement to access lounges when flying Vueling, except where there is a BA lounge and you are a gold card holder.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.