Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Food & Beverage Rewards coming soon! – When?

• bibby135 26 posts

Food & Beverage rewards coming soon!……….when will this actually happen?
    Be nice to have this done by Christmas as got a lot to use!

aseftel 267 posts

I imagine it will be at the same time as, before, or after the “Reward Night Discounts” for Platinum and Diamond members.

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,095 posts

I fully expect I’ll be asking IHG HQ for an extension on mine, some of which expire next July.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,199 posts

Accor had similar issues getting this up and running for Diamond members. It does seem disproportionately complex to get the IT in place to allow properties to see the vouchers, remove them from your account and apply the discount (and of course be repaid by the brand).

milesandmordor 10 posts

I’ve hit the target and got the choice of either 5000 IHG points or a £30 F&B credit (when it actually comes). Have to decide before end of December so here’s hoping IHG actually have the scheme up and running by then. Tempted anyway just to take the 5,ooo points as it is always so expensive to eat in IHG hotels anyway so it isn’t especially good value as against the guarantee of 5,000 points (worth £15 – £20).

Paul B 224 posts

I’ve hit the target and got the choice of either 5000 IHG points or a £30 F&B credit (when it actually comes). Have to decide before end of December so here’s hoping IHG actually have the scheme up and running by then. Tempted anyway just to take the 5,ooo points as it is always so expensive to eat in IHG hotels anyway so it isn’t especially good value as against the guarantee of 5,000 points (worth £15 – £20).

Likewise I will still take the 5k points for this very reason. My next milestone, if I reach it, is for 10k points, lounge access etc. which is a bit more exciting.

JohnG 40 posts

It’s more like £35 of credit; with the value of purchase options being a valid side issue. The F&B vouchers are a better deal vs points at higher milestones ($100 of credit vs 10k points) so it’s only the 30 night tier where the choice is 5k points vs $40 credit (assuming you would select a suite upgrade voucher over them both).

To offer a bit of a defence of the F&B voucher value, if they ever work, there are times when spending at the hotel is convenient, not all IHG locations are excessively priced, and the credit would combine nicely with the AMB F&B credit or the credits through Virtuoso or similar.

Paul B 224 posts

It’s more like £35 of credit; with the value of purchase options being a valid side issue. The F&B vouchers are a better deal vs points at higher milestones ($100 of credit vs 10k points) so it’s only the 30 night tier where the choice is 5k points vs $40 credit (assuming you would select a suite upgrade voucher over them both).

To offer a bit of a defence of the F&B voucher value, if they ever work, there are times when spending at the hotel is convenient, not all IHG locations are excessively priced, and the credit would combine nicely with the AMB F&B credit or the credits through Virtuoso or similar.

I regret option for the 5k vs the Suite Upgrade voucher at 30 nights. Will likely go for the Lounge Access at 40 nights if I manage to hit it before the year end.

bibby135 26 posts

Just be good if IHG were clear when it will actually work…..saying “coming soon” is a bit far fetched after 6/7 months of saying it……I’ve not selected the last 5 milestones because I’m waiting!

JohnG 40 posts

I regret option for the 5k vs the Suite Upgrade voucher at 30 nights. Will likely go for the Lounge Access at 40 nights if I manage to hit it before the year end.

The suite voucher seems like by far the best choice if you stay anywhere with decent options, especially if you also have Diamond and/or lounge access rewards. You can easily save £500+ on a long weekend stay at a number of hotels; with the obvious caveat that it is less good if you find it frustrating if a suite upgrade isn’t available on a specific stay.

@bibby135
    – I agree, although I am sure they will get extended if needed so if you value the F&B credit over the other option it will eventually be spendable.

xenole 30 posts

I chose the confirmed suite for my first choice.

Contemplating the 5k points or the 2 x food awards at present for my second. As said, food/beverage prices are usually far cheaper anywhere else, so not sure if this is worth it (had fish & chips for £20+ a couple of times at the HI on Bath Road, LHR; bowl or two of chips at HIX for £4 or so a few times, although sometimes a McDonalds across the road / supermarket 5 mins away etc).

The 5k points are worth maybe £20 (based on paying say £12-£15 for 3k as part of a booking), although could get twice that at least on a cheap redemption night. Sometimes a local HIX or HI is £67-£90 is going for 12/13k points.

No idea if these count towards status?

I’ll probably choose lounge access for my next reward at 40 nights, and if that works at ICs, that will cover breakfast etc. there anyway and save me paying £20-£40 (less the $/£15 credit) for a nothing special breakfast.

strickers 651 posts

‘Coming Soon’ and ‘Later this Year’ are becoming less compatible by the day! Sitting in 3 milestone reward choices which I was hoping to use at the IC Chennai next Jan.

JohnG 40 posts

Contemplating the 5k points or the 2 x food awards at present for my second. As said, food/beverage prices are usually far cheaper anywhere else, so not sure if this is worth it (had fish & chips for £20+ a couple of times at the HI on Bath Road, LHR; bowl or two of chips at HIX for £4 or so a few times, although sometimes a McDonalds across the road / supermarket 5 mins away etc).

But your post somewhat makes the case for an F&B credit. If you’d ever spend money on F&B, however overpriced it may be, then the saving is still real if you don’t pay because you had a voucher. Personally I don’t eat or drink much in hotels, but sometimes it’s nice to grab a drink in the bar after sightseeing for the day, or get a cup of tea and a cake when arriving at a hotel after a long trip. I’d take lounge or suite over F&B but the the pts options are pretty rubbish in the first couple of tiers.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.