Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Marriott Bonvoy Free night award

• littlewood86 8 posts

I have a free night award which i have been trying to use for some time but it never seems to be accepted. I understand it has to be under 40,000 points, but are there any other restrictions i am missing?
    I have tried family rooms all round the county (UK) and even abroad but all of the say not applicable.
    Has anyone actually managed to use one of these successfully? if so where did you manage to use it?

YC 229 posts

You can top up an additional 15k points. I think it needs to be a standard room award rather than any premium rooms or cash+points.

Froggee 898 posts

I’m pretty sure it’s just 25,000 points. I used one around 18 months ago and it was pretty limited.

I used it here. Mrs Froggee and I merely used it for date night purposes rather than have the voucher expire unused.

https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/edihw-courtyard-edinburgh-west/overview/

polly 293 posts

@Froggee
    They brought in a new rule last year, allowing you,to,add 15k of your own bonvoy points. At least it gives you a chance of a better room. Still a bit men tho, a 25k point room for a 25k annual spend…

Olly 242 posts

I’ve used two in the last 6 months, both topped up with points, one in the UK (Leeds Marriott), one in Florida (Tribute portfolio). Status benefits granted on both as well as night credits and no issues with booking either

Froggee 898 posts

@Froggee
    They brought in a new rule last year, allowing you,to,add 15k of your own bonvoy points. At least it gives you a chance of a better room. Still a bit men tho, a 25k point room for a 25k annual spend…

Ah okay. For some reason, in my head that was only US cards. I ditched the Marriott Amex when they dropped the earning rate so somewhat out of touch!

meta 1,441 posts

I’ve used two in the last year topping up as well. Works on standard room only. Some hotels are excluded – I think Design hotels, Vacation Clubs or similar. There is a list somewhere if you Google.

tw33ty 187 posts

The credit card free night for 25k spend is a 25k point night, that you can top upto 15k points with, tbh it’s a bit low, they should just give 25k bonus points I think.

The 75 night free night is a 40k points limit that you can top up with 15k, again, I think it would just be better to give you 40k points.

_Tom 27 posts

Using our (75 night) voucher for a 52,000 points night at the Grosvenor House, Dubai. Voucher + 12,000 points. Cash rate is £250 so it felt reasonable. Paying cash for the other 3 nights we’ll be there.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.