Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

• DonLee 213 posts

I never request FTV before so some beginner’s questions.

I have a booking with Qatar using avios, do I get FTV if cancel and will there be any charges for partner airline booking?

My current booking contains 300k avios + £1800, if I convert that into FTV to pay my new booking which will cost 360k avios + £710. what will happen to the cash element?

Thanks

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,205 posts

You’d get another FTV for that change.

Frankly, given the money involved, I would ring BA, pay the £35 each to cancel and get the cash and Avios back in your acccount. With no 241 to worry about it seems the easiest route.

tiriavpo 312 posts

You’d get another FTV for that change.

I’m not sure that is the case. Has anyone actually had this happen?

For an e-voucher, if you use less than the full value, you definitely get another e-voucher for the difference. Not sure how they would create a new FTV for a part-used FTV value.

When I used a 241 FTV, with a value of approx 180k avios and over £1k fees, to re-book short haul trip, we got 140k avios and £1k refunded.

Since you would have to call for proper cancellation/refund, you could ask about the FTV route and what would happen if you were to subsequently re-book something cheaper.

SteveJ 979 posts

Agree with @tiriavpo my experience is for FTVs you get the balance of cash and Avios refunded back to you

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.