Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other London life Getting currency post-Covid

• The real Swiss Tony 654 posts

My mainstays of Thomas Exchange or Thomas Exchange Global seem to offer pretty crummy rates these days, so I did a bit of digging to find some Euros yesterday. Can’t seem to pre-order for collection at Gatwick anymore either, so I ended up buying via John Lewis. Got 1.1171, with free royal mail tracked delivery (minimum £500 order), which was rather useful.

Anyway any ideas where else is good in London now for money – or is the day of the physical store now over?

(TEG were offering 1.1174 – happy to give up the difference to save schlepping to a store)

Carlos 758 posts

Theres one with good rates within Canary Wharf

JenT 150 posts

I use Travel Money Mac Max (from MSE) to check rates quickly everywhere – I agree my usual haunts of Thomas… are not as good as they have been. The last load of currency I got – SGD, THB, MXN, USD and EUR – has been from Eurochange (24hr pickup) and then more MXN from Tesco (beware that you need to preorder 5 days in advance for them).

Definitely worth shopping around, although some places hardly use cash, I don’t need as much as I used to.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.