Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Glasgow – Hilton or Doubletree?

• NorthernLass 7,476 posts

We have 2 nights in Glasgow in November, had booked the Kimpton but now planning to use the just-appeared Amex offer. We will be driving so parking is a plus. From a quick glance, the Doubletree pool looks quite nice!

cabal of rabid baboons 109 posts

Pool is nice at DT, parking is £10 per day and the lounge is good with decent food and drink in the evening
    from 6 til 8, breakfast was fine.
    Very handy for shopping and buses stop outside.

Peggerz 99 posts

@ Northernlass Hilton backs on to the M8 however I didn’t have any disturbance. Local trains & subway 2 mins away. And the more artsy side of Glasgow is a 5 -10 minute walk. Doubletree more central. However I am a really big fan of the Kimpton and personally I’d stick there, though I see you want to use the Amex Hilton deal.

NorthernLass 7,476 posts

The Kimpton is definitely on my list, but prices are high at the moment and we’ll no doubt be visiting again as my niece has just started at the University. I’ve just been looking at theatre/music options – there’s a huge amount to choose from!

NorthernLass 7,476 posts

I’ll keep the Kimpton booking in case an IHG offer appears in the meantime!

Steven 80 posts

Haven’t stayed at the Doubletree but stayed at the Hilton over the Summer. We got an upgrade to a suite and had a really enjoyable stay. It also has the lounge access at evening with canapes (choice of 3 – meat/veg/desert) and drinks. The pool was ok – I remember it being pretty cold. Was very close to the M8 but as Peggerz mentioned, we didn’t have any issue with the noise of traffic.

Tariq 79 posts

Stayed at both pre-Covid. My preference was always Doubletree. Good breakfast and lounge and often upgraded to Executive room as a Diamond. Extra benefit that on-street parking used to be free off peak, not sure if still the case.

Fraser 53 posts

I’m a big fan of the Hilton, especially the breakfast with whisky to add to your porridge, and one of the only breakfasts ever on weekends with a make-your-own bloody mary station included 😀

It’s a little bit of a walk from the centre but good facilities. Last time I was there the lounge was only open at certain times, not sure if it’s open all day again now, but they were good enough to sort me out a free coffee to do some work when it was closed.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.