Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Global Entry – got conditional approval in a week

• masaccio 719 posts

OH just did global entry application. UK government think took less than 24 hours. US conditional approval less than a week (applied Tuesday, conditionally approved today).

Mine was mid-pandemic and took over a year!

Just need to find an enrolment appointment during next US trip or do it on arrival like I did

VickyTM 111 posts

I did it on arrival at LAX a couple of weeks ago. There seems to be quite a backlog as approval took a couple of weeks to come through. All good though. There were no available appointments at all at LAX for the next year when I looked.

jameswyatt 1 post

It is worth having – I was out of JFK within 15 minutes of landing last week. However does anyone know if UK holders of Global Entry can use it in other Countries who participate in the scheme – ie Australia, Singapore, India etc etc……or is that only for US pasport holders?

Matt 320 posts

Just go for enrollment on arrival – it’s near impossible to find an appointment. Check on the TSA website what the opening times are for the airport(s) you’re visiting.

It took many months for us to get conditional approval, which meant I didn’t get GE finished until my 3rd visit to the USA after applying.

james747 2 posts

Hi
    I have an interview booked in Miami for global entry – Concourse J – 2nd level. I am flying in with Virgin Atlantic. Can anyone advise what the order of events is on arrival? I can’t seem to find out if the interview area is before or after passport control/customs/baggage claim etc?
    Cheers
    James

tiriavpo 312 posts

They differ slightly by location. At Miami, I think, you queue up as normal in the general line, then tell the agent you have CA for Global and you then proceed to a holding area for your interview. A recent report suggested another 30-40 min wait AFTER the initial wait for the first CBP agent.

The same(ish) procedure was in operation at BOS when I did mine. When my partner got her GE at JFK, it was after baggage. So the normal non-GE immigration, then wait for bags, then do GE interview on departure from the baggage area.

My full GE came through very quickly and I had it, and TSA-Pre, before my return flight. Her full GE came through in about a week, but still in time for our return flight.

masaccio 719 posts

There is some info here. But certainly varies by airport.

strickers 656 posts

I got conditional approval very quickly like you did, much quicker than I expected. I did enrolment on arrival as we ‘entered’ the USA at Toronto Pearson a couple of weeks ago. The wait to be interviewed was about 15 minutes after we informed the CBP agent of what we wished to do. Full approval came through within 30 minutes, I was really surprised how easy it was. TSA PreCheck was a nice added bonus as we flew home from Boston a few days later.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.