Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Going for gold ?

• captaindave 113 posts

Apologies to Shed 7 for ripping off their song title 😉

Currently got 18 nights including 3 rollover nights for last year, so 10 more needed for Gold.

Have a one night stay ( using points ) booked for early December which will bag me another 2 nights ( under the current double nights credits until Dec 31 )

So in theory another 4 nights would get me there, time is obviously running out though, got the week off work between Xmas and NY, but Mrs CD is not sure of her work pattern for that week..

Probably the closest Ive got to Gold for a long time, but unsure whether its worth booking somewhere for the sake of it, as its like the scheme is dictating to me ( thats the point i know )

Alternatively, would my 15 “new nights” rollover into 2023 ? leaving me needing “only” 13 more ?

Peter K 551 posts

Depending on your circumstances, it might be better to get the Amex platinum and get good via that. It’s about £50 a month to hold (after the pro-rata refund of the fee when cancelled) and shouldn’t take long to be upgraded in Hilton.

Of course you need to take into account when you are in your amex sign up bonus cycle.

AJA 1,060 posts

Cant answer OPs question except to say if you’ve got stays lined up.for next year then having Gold status would seem worthwhile if you can get there this year for relatively lite spend.

On a similar vein I have spent over £10k on the Hilton Bcard and thought that gold status would be given immediately I hit the threshold but my status still shows as Silver on hhonors. Does status only change when the points post to the hhonors account?

captaindave 113 posts

Thanks for the advice both, appreciated.

TJones 43 posts

Your rollover nights don’t roll over again. As I understand it, if you don’t make gold, your 2022 nights in excess of the silver requirement will roll over to 2023.

John 1,000 posts

You will have 17 actual nights in 2022 and the silver requirement is 7, so 10 nights will roll over. Which is a start but doesn’t really go far towards gold in 2023. Note that if you want to achieve status by stays no roll over is involved.

You don’t actually have to stay when you do a mattress run, but 4 nights is quite expensive just for the sake of it if you don’t have that many planned stays next year

captaindave 113 posts

Thanks for further advice, good info.

I think i will just leave it as it is, as John says, the time,trouble and expense of a mattress run isnt really worth it, as apart from fairly regular trips up to Brum for footy & gigs, havnt got much planned ( Hilton wise ) for 2023, and sometimes end up staying at the Broad St Hampton where breakfast is free anyway – the Garden Inn is my preferred option though.

Maybe i will get an Amex Plat sometime and do it that way…

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.