Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Gold bonus Membership Rewards – what was June offer?

• duggie1982 261 posts

I got the gold card in early June but I cannot remember (or on google) find out what my sign-up offer was.

I have hit the 3 grand spend and Amex has credited my account with 12k points. I wonder if anyone can confirm if I am due more at some point? I think it was an offer of 32k points for hitting the spend so the 12k might just be the ‘standard’ credit and they will add the 20k further down manually maybe.

NorthernLass 7,547 posts

They don’t usually split SUBs up. This sounds as though you may have been credited with a referral bonus instead of a SUB? I’d call or speak to Amex or chat and query it.

duggie1982 261 posts

Thank you, i will message them and ask. I think I added the ‘sub’ wrong. What I meant was sign up bonus, player 2 recommended me and got their bonus for doing so I was expecting maybe 32000 total for the 3k spend

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    NorthernLass 7,547 posts

Yes, standard SUB is 20k MR points, and sometimes it’s enhanced to 30k (plus 2k if you’re referred), which is why what you been given sounds wrong.

JDB 4,369 posts

Thank you, i will message them and ask. I think I added the ‘sub’ wrong. What I meant was sign up bonus, player 2 recommended me and got their bonus for doing so I was expecting maybe 32000 total for the 3k spend

Yes, 32k MR was probably right on a referral in June – I had 14/32k for most of this year, now 15/34k and the SUB does usually arrive in two parts if you have an enhanced one – base + the uplift separately, but they should both land not too far apart once you hit the £3k.

duggie1982 261 posts

Thanks guys, AMEX chat is unavailable at the minute but I will wait a week or so before chasing up

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.