Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Amex free Hilton Gold to Platinum – how many nights?

• Benjic40 3 posts

I have free hilton gold on my amex. How many nights do I needs to stay in a Hilton for to upgrade this to platinum?

Carlos 758 posts

Step 1: Login and go to the home page
    Step 2: Check the dashboard
    Step 3: Let us know too

NorthernLass 7,580 posts

Lol, you are on fine form this morning, @Carlos!

There is no Platinum with Hilton, the top status is Diamond. I think you still have to stay 60 nights to get it, even if you have gold. But @Carlos says, this will show on your HH account.

Harry T 96 posts

You will need 60 nights to attain Hilton Diamond status and, presumably, 50 nights to achieve Marriott Bonvoy Platinum status.

Benjic40 3 posts

Thank you all for this. I think your correct. Despite having gold I will still need to stay 60 nights to get diamond.

TJones 44 posts

60 nights, or 30 stays, or 120,000 points.

Nate1309 60 posts

30 stays is much easier if your player 2 is amenable to swapping hotels on a weekend break

NorthernLass 7,580 posts

I’m not sure it would be worth the aggravation but I suppose you could book a week in a city with a few Hiltons and make 7 stays out of that! Might be one to do solo though …

Vit 158 posts

@Carlos woke up and chose violence! 😂

Richard Peters 171 posts

A classic case of CBA

In the time it took to post the question you would have obtained the answer 🙂

Aston100 1,388 posts

To be fair, perhaps the OP was under the impression there was a discounted number of nights to jump from gold to diamond.

can2 462 posts

When I started this game long time ago, I was confused by that, too.
    I think it is natural (if not naive, perhaps) to think that Plat also comes with Gold qualifying nights.
    So, easy on OP.

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,100 posts

To be fair, perhaps the OP was under the impression there was a discounted number of nights to jump from gold to diamond.

I took it that the OP thought the Gold status that comes with Amex Plat was gifted to you in the form of nights equivalent to Gold. Thus Diamond would be achieved simply by making up the shortfall. It’s a common enough query on here.

Guernsey Globetrotter 588 posts

The Amex Plat granted Gold status is a red herring if you’re after top status.

I remember looking at this before and concluding that you’re better off setting up a new Hilton account and then using that to status match in one of their promotions: https://www.hiltonhonors.com/en_GB/status-match/landing/

The current promo gives you Gold anyway and then if you stay for 14 nights within the 90 day trial period you’ll earn Diamond status and keep it until 31 March 2025.

If you want to keep account history with Hilton (e.g. ‘member since 19XX’ etc.), I’m pretty sure that you could merge this new account with an old one, once you’d achieved Diamond, and you’d have the best of both worlds…

AinsworthLord 11 posts

The Amex Plat granted Gold status is a red herring if you’re after top status.

I remember looking at this before and concluding that you’re better off setting up a new Hilton account and then using that to status match in one of their promotions: https://www.hiltonhonors.com/en_GB/status-match/landing/

The current promo gives you Gold anyway and then if you stay for 14 nights within the 90 day trial period you’ll earn Diamond status and keep it until 31 March 2025.

If you want to keep account history with Hilton (e.g. ‘member since 19XX’ etc.), I’m pretty sure that you could merge this new account with an old one, once you’d achieved Diamond, and you’d have the best of both worlds…

That’s a really good idea, but are you sure they will let you status match an existing Gold Status from my own HH account?

zio 249 posts

It’s more of a status challenge than a match. Somewhat frustratingly you have to set up a new account (as Guernsey Globetrotter mentions)- they don’t allow you to complete this challenge if you have gold on your HH account via an amex plat card.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.