Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Good service from BA complaints team

• U old git 13 posts

I recently made a complaint to BA for the lack of food in CE on a recent short hop flight.
    I asked for £50 or 5,000 avios in compensation. They have just written back accepting my complaint and giving me 10,000 avios. I expected them to offer half the avios not double!

ed_fly 211 posts

Well done BA! Avis hasn’t even had the decency to respond to my compliant at all.

Lottie 31 posts

I hope that works for me, I just did the exact same complaint today. How long did they take to respond?

Nigel Keya 80 posts

Easy to call it good service – when in fact they are just doing their job. Of course I’m happy to see BA CS doing their job to make good bad service, and it seems with good grace. But not exactly going to call out the marching bands when they are pressing a button and giving some free Avios (that cost them nothing, remember) for a breakdown in their service/ they messed up and are apologising.

Ladyshopper 110 posts

We got 10,00 Avios each for them not loading our gluten-free meals on our outbound flight back in May. Took them until late September/early October to reply to the complaint though!

U old git 13 posts

Easy to call it good service – when in fact they are just doing their job. Of course I’m happy to see BA CS doing their job to make good bad service, and it seems with good grace. But not exactly going to call out the marching bands when they are pressing a button and giving some free Avios (that cost them nothing, remember) for a breakdown in their service/ they messed up and are apologising.

Actually i had some sympathy, it was a short 45 minute flight and they had a technical issue which meant a change in plane and so we were already delayed by over an hour, the crew took the decision to go rather than wait another 45 minutes for the food. They explained their rationale which i thought was sound. I submitted what i thought was a reasonable claim and so they did not have to up the compensation. In my case i get Avios then use them so it was a result for me.

U old git 13 posts

I hope that works for me, I just did the exact same complaint today. How long did they take to respond?

5 days from my email to their reply. I will check my account at the weekend

Lottie 31 posts

To confirm that I also got a response within 5 days, total of 30,000 avios, 10,000 avios for each of us. One of us had no choice at all, two of us had two out of the three choices.

xcalx 55 posts

To confirm that I also got a response within 5 days, total of 30,000 avios, 10,000 avios for each of us. One of us had no choice at all, two of us had two out of the three choices.

What is the email to make a complaint to. Returned yesterday CW from BGI seat base had collapsed into itself and the footrest colapsed when feet were placed onto it also the TV swang freely, managed to repair the TV problem with a tissue but had to endure the seat as no others available. Thanks.

Paul B 224 posts

What’s the current BA Complaint turnaround time, roughly?

chrishors 25 posts

For me, I am still waiting after 4 months without one reply apart from the initial acknowledgment email.

chrism20 89 posts

10,000 Avios seems to be the trend at the moment.

Filed a complaint Saturday morning following the near 2hr wait for luggage of a domestic on Friday night and the storytelling by the staff in arrivals.

Received a reply yesterday morning and 10k Avios landed last night.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.