Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios HfP exclusive sign up bonus

• QwertyKnowsBest 301 posts

Would someone kindly remind me what the HfP exclusive sign up bonus on the plus card was? Cannot find the original article and although i have hit spend target and used the dedicated landing page, only received 25K avios. Thought was an extra 5K Avios, or maybe I have remembered incorrectly.

Thanks

jayjay 74 posts

Yep its an extra 5K if you signed up in time.

nectar collector 281 posts

Due to be paid out 60 days after expiry of the bonus offer, so early June……?

domski123 2 posts

I haven’t received the 5,000 Avios sign up bonus either. It was my understanding my BA Avios account would be credited 5 days after the account was opened. I contacted Barclaycard and they advised me that the Head for Points 5,000 Avios bonus offer does not exist and referred me to their T&Cs on their website. The customer service for a £20 a month credit card is shocking – I previously spent over an hour on hold and I the person I spoke to didn’t know what Avios was..

Aston100 1,385 posts

I contacted Barclaycard and they advised me that the Head for Points 5,000 Avios bonus offer does not exist and referred me to their T&Cs on their website. The customer service for a £20 a month credit card is shocking – I previously spent over an hour on hold and I the person I spoke to didn’t know what Avios was..

As reported a number of times elsewhere on these forums, Barclaycard CS seem to know very little about these cards.
    I’ve had three different agents telling me there is no free version of the Avios card.

Amex CS are head & shoulders above this bunch.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Matt 320 posts

I have received 25000 avios for reaching the £3k target, not 30000. I am struggling to find anything on HeadforPoints (or anywhere else!) that mentions the increased sign up bonus. I’m also struggling to get any response from Barclays on chat at all beyond “a colleague has entered the chat”.

Is there anything available with the offer T+C?

Rob or Rhys – anyway to help?

iamlost 108 posts

It’s been said five thousand times now @Matt – including three posts above yours! – that it will be paid out 60 days after the offer ended, which means early June.

Rui N. 828 posts

Received the 5k extra avios from the HfP offer today.
    While the “normal” spending says “Collection: BARCLAYCARD”, this one says “Finance Card: Barclaycard Avios Plus Award”.
    Weirdly, it’s dated 5 May, but shows up on the statement before stuff from 02/05 and 04/05!

alig4th 322 posts

I applied in the initial tranche and got the apology text from Barclaycard on 25 March offering 5000 points within 6 weeks.

My brother signed up during the HfP promo with 5000 points, which should be credited within 60 days of the promo ending (i.e. from 4 April).

Both of us have 5000 bonus points in our accounts today.

Hope everyone else got their points and this whole debacle can be over (I’m being melodramatic, I know…)

nectar collector 281 posts

Yes received today……expectations exceeded! Look in your BAEC account, not the Barclaycard app

ZW 30 posts

Same as others reported. 5k bonus avois arrived on BA app today. 25k+ April spending arrived yesterday. Thanks H4P team!

chelynnah 41 posts

Partner’s 25k bonus plus regular spend reward, and the 5k HfP hit his BAEC account today. Separately as expected.

Damian 23 posts

5000 bonus from HPF sign up arrived today

Grant 107 posts

My 5K arrived too. Slightly unexpected since I’ve not hit the £3k spend target yet and assumed the extra 5k points wouldn’t post until then.

Sam 96 posts

Lol. I’ve only spent a couple of hundred and the 5000 bonus has already hit!

I had assumed it was dependent on spending the £3k…

Nath4n 66 posts

Applied 30th March, have not hit the £3k threshold yet, 5k bonus points hit yesterday (5th May).

jayjay 74 posts

Account shows the 25K bonus now after I hit the spend, should be in my BA account beginning of next month as Avios get transferred on the 2nd day of each month afaik

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

Lol. I’ve only spent a couple of hundred and the 5000 bonus has already hit!

I had assumed it was dependent on spending the £3k…

It was clearly mentioned that the 5k doesn’t require a spend threshold to be met.

SteveCroydon 66 posts

Yesterday afternoon (May 5th) I received my April spend Avios and the 5,000 HfP sign-up bonus on my Avios Plus BC. A friend also received his 5,000 on his basic Avios BC. So it seems they are all coming through.
    Unfortunately my £4,500 car service bill from April 29th just missed the billing run, so that and the 25,000 should come through at the beginning of June.
    Soon be time to downgrade or cancel methinks!

SteveCroydon 66 posts

Further to my message above about the 5,000 bonus Avios.
    This evening (6th May) I received two emails from BC telling me that I have hit the £3,000 spend and the 25,000 Avios have been sent to my BAEC account. They haven’t appeared yet.
    I forgot to mention that the entry for the 5,000 is dated 29/04/2022 even though it only appeared on 05/05/2022.
    Presumably BA’s IT has to:
    * read the printed listing from BarclayCard
    * fill in old style data input sheets in pencil
    * send those sheets to the punch card room
    * have them punched onto cards
    * finally hand-fed into a card reader to eventually update the BAEC database!!! Just as it was back in the 1970’s. Although the computing back then was reliable and worked, unlike most of this amateurish Internet code!!!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.