Hanover and Hamburg
26th June 2023 at 08:11roger 236 posts
Flying in HAJ and out from HAM, Solo traveling for a weekend.
Should I spend 1 night each at Hanover and Hamburg or both in Hamburg.
Mainly going for a city life.26th June 2023 at 09:46Supergers49 217 posts
I would vote for one day in both.26th June 2023 at 10:18jek 103 posts
Save yourself the hassle of changing hotels and stay both nights in Hamburg.26th June 2023 at 10:43can2 335 posts
I’d vote for both nights in Hamburg, too.
Hanover is not inspiring26th June 2023 at 10:59kiley 139 posts
Travelled to both for work and leisure.
Hamburg has a lot more to offer,
Check out the viewing platform resturant/bar at Hamburg Airport if your into that sort of thing.26th June 2023 at 11:53roger 236 posts
Thanks all for feedback.
Verging more towards staying in Hamburg.26th June 2023 at 20:29Rob2,174 postsHfP Staff
Hamburg is great – make sure you spare half a day to explore the old harbour area where the Westin / Elbephilharmonie is.26th June 2023 at 21:24Lady London 1,957 posts
Definitely 2*Hamburg. Always interesting and varied.
Hanover has been very forgetable but I was told it livens up for the Book Fair and other events. Used to be said they speak one of the purest forms of German there but personally I always find Hamburg German very clear too.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Etihad Guest changes – tough expiry rules, 75% award cancellation fees, lounge restrictions
Get triple Avios at BA Holidays when you pay with a British Airways Premium Plus Amex card
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- Michael C on 120 Tier Points Urgently Needed
- SamG on First time help with MR redemption …. for SIN-DPS
- Man of Kent on Washington DC and Seattle things to do/see?
- Cornell on Free 8000 Virgin Red points for [some] 02 customers
- aso40 on Anyone received TP/Avios yet on a Cathay P Class Business ticket?
- can2 on Chat thread – Monday 26th February
- jintycat on Car hire in New Zealand advice
- Pogonation on BA companion voucher anomaly
- Alex G on BA companion voucher anomaly
- yonasl on 120 Tier Points Urgently Needed
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.