Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Heathrow Express advance tickets – how to get lowest price?

• masaccio 722 posts

Is there some trick to getting cheap advanced tickets for Heathrow Express? Just tried online for a Saturday in 4 weeks time, and one-way they’re 25 quid each. I’d rather just sit on the Tube for an hour than pay 50 quid.

PeteM 709 posts

It’s got to be further out – I think they are slightly cheaper from 4 weeks onwards, but to get the really cheap ones you need to plan months in advance.

masaccio 722 posts

It’s got to be further out – I think they are slightly cheaper from 4 weeks onwards, but to get the really cheap ones you need to plan months in advance.

Gosh, wow. Tube or, if we leave the Sofitel at the right time, the Elizabeth Line it is then.

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,079 posts

And those £5.50 tickets are restricted in number. And IIRC require 90 day advance purchase.

Remember it’s free to take the HEX to T3 and catch Lizzie line from there,

Andrew J 769 posts

Gosh, wow. Tube or, if we leave the Sofitel at the right time, the Elizabeth Line it is then.

The Elizabeth Line is £12, and if you buy a return on the HEX it’s £37, so it’s not overly more expensive and the EL is so infrequent it sort of makes it pointless in my view.

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,079 posts

There are 4 HEX an hour from LHR and 6 Lizzie

So which is the most infrequent??

And the HEX is useless for the vast majority of airport users who aren’t staying in the Paddington area.

NunoBettencourtsPinky 107 posts

You can get 12% off here: https://www.heathrowexpress.com/mastercard

Andrew J 769 posts

There are 4 HEX an hour from LHR and 6 Lizzie

So which is the most infrequent??

And the HEX is useless for the vast majority of airport users who aren’t staying in the Paddington area.

How many of each to T5…?

masaccio 722 posts

The Elizabeth Line is £12, and if you buy a return on the HEX it’s £37, so it’s not overly more expensive and the EL is so infrequent it sort of makes it pointless in my view.

We will return from Covent Garden so will almost certainly take the Tube. I’m not minded to trek over to Paddington when we fall out of the theatre.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.