HEX Business First as *A Gold
18th November 2022 at 12:35AL
I recently gained Star Alliance Gold status, through United, which comes with a free upgrade to Business First on HEX services. I wouldn’t pay for Business First myself, but I thought I might as well try it out. Does anyone know how this works?
As I understand it, I need to buy a Standard ticket and then show the inspector my MileagePlus card. The card itself doesn’t mention that it’s also a Star Alliance Gold card – do they know that MileagePlus Premier Platinum is Star Alliance Gold? Any experiences of doing this?18th November 2022 at 15:42RobHfP Staff
Correct, just show the card.
The little star logo in the corner should be enough.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The perfect airport doesn’t exist, but the new Paris Charles de Gaulle ‘Extime’ upgrade is close
Bits: new Qatar insurance rules, design a BA beer can for Brewdog, free Fairmont night from Emirates
How to time your promotion to British Airways Executive Club Silver status to maximise benefits
Bits: fly BA Club World on short haul – or fly Titan, Virgin ends Plaza Premium Clubhouse access
Bits: eGate trial for 10-11 year olds, last day to save on passport fees, Corinthia London deal
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- SteveJ on Easiest way to get to £10k spend on BAPP
- Lpacun on Credit Qatar Airways flights to BA Executive Club or Qatar Privilege Club
- secretsquirrel on Chat thread – Sunday 5th February
- jh785 on Easiest way to get to £10k spend on BAPP
- Rui N. on Easiest way to get to £10k spend on BAPP
- bruinbrown on Korea
- jamesturk on BA executive club app updated and now with limited searching for reward flights
- George K on InterContinental Rome Ambasciatori Palace
- Guernsey Globetrotter on Hotel recommendation for an overnight stay + parking for Heathrow T5
- BA Flyer IHG Stayer on BAEC complaint resolution advice
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.