Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards HIE MAN pricing discrepancy

• NorthernLass 7,588 posts

What is going on with IHG? I need a hotel and 3 days’ parking in November and not prepared to pay over £200 for any of the on site options (seriously, they all seem to think they are the T5 Sofitel atm!)

The HIE nearby is £136 non-refundable just for one night’s stay the night before our departure, yet Holiday Extras is offering this hotel for £106 including 3 days’ parking. IHG not really tempting people to book direct, are they?

BJ 657 posts

Try HIX Inverness for size, I wouldn’t be surprised if it is the most profitable IHG hotel in the UK.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts

Holiday Extras probably books 1,000 nights per year there and has a guaranteed rate. A bigger question is why HE isn’t bumping up its price, since it clearly could.

NorthernLass 7,588 posts

I like HE, if I do a search they always then send me an email offering 10% or 20% off what I’m looking at! They’ve been consistently helpful throughout the pandemic as well with no-quibble refunds/credits and flexible on cancellations/changes.

I’ve actually decided to book the Doubletree for 35k points and ditch the car the night before in the cheapest option available, especially as we’re flying at LCC o’clock the next day.

yonasl 956 posts

Must be Skeletor

bibby135 26 posts

Talking of pricing – looking at IHG hotels in Orlando and Cancun for next year, can anyone explain why booking with IHG directly is hundreds of pounds more than other booking agents such as Travel Republic? Won’t be booking directly with IHG for these now – despite Diamond elite benefits, points earned etc.

For 10 nights in Orlando – IHG wanted £2000 for the same room type that Travel Republic are selling for £1150. How? IHG rate non-refundable whereas Travel Republic take only £15 now with payment date of July and you can cancel if you change your mind.

IHG need to look at this given they seem confident with “best price” guarantees etc.

Peter K 553 posts

Talking of LCC in the morning, I never knew until recently that Jet2 have twilight bag drop, including at Manchester!

chrism20 89 posts

Try HIX Inverness for size, I wouldn’t be surprised if it is the most profitable IHG hotel in the UK.

Absolutely. A bigger cash cow you will never find.

A while before covid I was speaking to one of the management and apparently they were averaging well over 90% occupancy for the year.

Why they never sought to extend it is beyond me as there is space. Demand is so high up there they can still command high rates even with all new rooms coming online

Lady London 2,054 posts

Talking of pricing – looking at IHG hotels in Orlando and Cancun for next year, can anyone explain why booking with IHG directly is hundreds of pounds more than other booking agents such as Travel Republic? Won’t be booking directly with IHG for these now – despite Diamond elite benefits, points earned etc.

For 10 nights in Orlando – IHG wanted £2000 for the same room type that Travel Republic are selling for £1150. How? IHG rate non-refundable whereas Travel Republic take only £15 now with payment date of July and you can cancel if you change your mind.

IHG need to look at this given they seem confident with “best price” guarantees etc.

Accor hotels are often worth checking direct vs brokered rates for too.

QwertyKnowsBest 301 posts

Also compare app to website, frequently different rates with HH and same when recently booking Melia.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.