Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Hilton £200 get £50 Amex offer: multiple stays?

• dahokolomoki 103 posts

Going to be doing 3 one-night stays over the next few weeks, all below £200 each but cumulatively above £200.

Has anyone else successfully triggered the Hilton cashback in the past, with several stays/transactions rather than just one? The T&Cs are unclear whether it applies to one transaction, minimum £200 spend, or it can be cumulative transactions.

E 93 posts

Absolutely fine if it’s over multiple cheaper stays. Think the offer ends on the 16th December though so you need to have all your stays between now and then.

NorthernLass 7,474 posts

Yes, done it with the most recent offer on all 3 of our cards, £50 credited within 2/3 days of the spend being processed.

You don’t have to have stayed by the offer expiry date if you book pre-paid rates, Hilton is very thorough these days about taking payment as soon as the booking is made!

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,086 posts

Yes, done it with the most recent offer on all 3 of our cards, £50 credited within 2/3 days of the spend being processed.

You don’t have to have stayed by the offer expiry date if you book pre-paid rates, Hilton is very thorough these days about taking payment as soon as the booking is made!

They are also super-fast at crediting points and nights. My experience lately is to see stays credited the day after check out. IHG averaging 5 working days for me this year by contrast.

ee 48 posts

Same experience here on two of our cards during this iteration of the promotion. The transactions may post with funny names, but the credits have appeared quickly after the £200 threshold is met.

DarrenS 92 posts

I have this many times now, both in the UK and abroad. In fact, I even part-pay with a second card If I reach the £200 with the first.

John 1,000 posts

I have been using this Amex offer since at least 2018 and it has always worked cumulatively. My impression is that the credit has never taken longer than about a week to appear and sometimes it even appears along with the final transaction posting.

Since early 2019 every single Hilton stay out of nearly 100 has credited points and night(s) by ~5am UK time (maybe midnight EST?) the day after checkout, except this summer when Hilton had some IT downtime and then it took 2 days.

NorthernLass 7,474 posts

These credits are tremendously useful. I used my last one to book a family room at LHR for next year – we’ll definitely use it and with the current price of airport hotels, getting £50 back is brilliant.

dahokolomoki 103 posts

Thank you everyone for the replies! I can now go ahead and book my advanced rates with confidence 🙂

baVid 27 posts

From what I am reading, it’s the case that this current batch of offers are both cumulative spend AND applicable to pre-paid online bookings?

John 1,000 posts

From what I am reading, it’s the case that this current batch of offers are both cumulative spend AND applicable to pre-paid online bookings?

European Hiltons charge via the hotel system whether it’s a prepaid rate or pay on check in/pay on check out so Amex doesn’t know the difference.

I believe a few hotels have set it up so they can charge you immediately on booking, but it’s rare except maybe during large events. Generally most hotels still charge you whenever they feel like it, and sometimes they won’t charge you a prepaid rate until later, meaning you may have to contact them if you want to get it charged within the offer period.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.