Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Hilton – 48-Hour Room Guarantee

• Matty 16 posts

How does the 48-hour room guarantee work with Hilton? I’m Diamond. I want to book a room for the weekend but the app is saying the hotel is ‘sold out’. Do I contact the hotel directly? Do I use the website? Is it going to cost me and arm and a leg?

Similar thing happened with Hertz, one Christmas. All rentals were sold out at Leeds Bradford. I’m Presidents Circle. I contacted Hertz and they’d said they would accept a reservation but effectively I’d be paying for Hertz to open up the rental station, have someone attend and the cost of bringing a car across from Manchester and the same for the return. They estimated at least £1700 for two days when prices were typically ~ £60. Their website said that the location was open on the days that I wanted to rent. Is it the same with Hilton i.e. we will bump someone if you give us ££££?

davefl 1,220 posts

Call the diamond line and ask them to book the room under the guarantee.

I’ve never tried it with Hilton but I did sucessfully do it at a remote sold out Holiday Inn hotel in the USA as a Plat IHG member. Nearest other property was 100+ miles away so was glad they fulfilled the obligation.

The call centre agent was fully aware of the process, had to step away and call the hotel directly but I was only charged standard rack rate, nothing extortionate.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.