Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Hilton Barclaycard Status not transferred for this year

• BillySillyWilly 20 posts

I racked up a juicy £20k last year on the Honors Barclaycard but logged in today to see that my status will be removed after March. Is there a lag usually and Barclaycard will notify them shortly, or is the credit card bound for rocky waters?

NorthernLass 7,464 posts

Where does it say this? I’m also gold via the Barclaycard but in the app it says I’ve retained gold for this year. I’ve had the card for about 6 years now and always had status carried over automatically.

BillySillyWilly 20 posts

It flashed up when I logged in to check a booking today. I double checked with an agent and they said that “Upon checking, your Gold valid until Mar 31, 2023. “

AndyW 10 posts

I don’t know the answer, but my app told me the same, and I hit way over 10k on the card. Not looked into too closely as I won’t be staying this year.

NorthernLass 7,464 posts

Did it actually say you would be downgraded or just that your gold is valid until 31/3? If the latter, I would expect it to be renewed at that point.

Harrier25 849 posts

I really wouldn’t worry. Just like with the delayed points posting, I’m sure Gold tier will be renewed in the end.

paul.l 4 posts

I have the same issue that I hit the spend target but no sign of renewal yet – have also just received the stay one night to renew gold email, so tempted to make sure I do that just to be sure! It’ll be for an overnight break of a long car journey that we would do anyway, but normally elsewhere closer to the route.

Harrier25 849 posts

In black & white at https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal/help/credit-cards/card-hiltontier

“How do I know what my Hilton Honors tier status is?

Silver Status – you’ll automatically gain Silver Status upon taking out a Hilton Honors Platinum Visa card.

Gold Status – if you spend £10,000 in a calendar year, you’ll move to Gold Status for the rest of that year and the following year.”

So good luck to them if they think they’re not going to keep on honouring!

Harrier25 849 posts

Finally showing in my Hilton Honors account is confirmation that my Gold status tier has been renewed for 2023.

Navara 22 posts

Just a heads up I had no status update to retain Gold via the app so I deleted and reinstalled.Now showing gold retained for 2023

janed9388 63 posts

hmmm… my status has suddenly dropped from gold to silver despite spending the required amount on the barclaycard last year. I’m sure it was Gold last time I checked about a month ago. anyone else having issues ?

NorthernLass 7,464 posts

I’m still gold from the Barclaycard (so far) but I think a couple of people have mentioned having the same issue recently – I imagine you’d have to contact HH customer services and hope they don’t refer you back to Barclays as I can imagine that would be a complete nightmare to try and resolve!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.