Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Hilton Garden Inn Paris La Villette

• can 506 posts

I have a reservation for this hotel for late May. But the Hilton website says it will open May 31st. Is that correct? What am I missing? What would happen to my reservation if the hotel opens late?

Lady London 2,040 posts

Cash or points?
    Anecdotal experience all over here and the rest of the interweb says if hotel reflags or not open in time for your reservation, you’ll be left high and dry.

Possibly at a time when no alternative you can accept is available on points, or it’s so much nearer to your date prices in points or cash have got ridiculous.

Despite the small print promises of the.chains maybe stating certain protections if hotel doesn’t honour reservation, practically you’ll be left on your own with the problem.

There are exceptions such as IC Rome where some knowledgeable posters managed to get some help with this but that would be the exception. Practically, as a general rule always have a contingency plan in place if a hotel’s not open at the time you’d book.

I can strongly recommend the Hampton which is one of the very few midrange hotels in Paris I like. Perhaps take a look for a backup to hold while you read the small print on your reservation/Hhonors, and work with Hilton and the hotel to get clarity on your original preference.

can 506 posts

It was a cash booking.
    I guess I now need to consider some refundable alternatives that I can cancel later on.

Thanks!

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts

As this is Hilton and its Paris then I would suspect an alternative deal will be offered.

I just had a 3-night Hyatt booking in the US cancelled. Was booked on points for 30k in total. Was offered 7,500 points cancellation when the hotel cancelled due to late opening, as no alternative Hyatt nearby.

Not ideal scenario esp as had to rebook with just two weeks notice, and also impacts the current Hyatt bonus points promo and my Hyatt Brand Explorer promo.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.