Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Hilton Gold – breakfast benefit for family of four?

• chrishond 42 posts

Hello. I am Hilton gold. We are 2 adults and 2 kids (7 and 4)

If I book direct at a doubletree in the uk, will all 4 of us get the free breakfast?

Terms say just 2 adults. Any experience dealing with this?

aseftel 266 posts

In my experience, yes, but my children are smaller. Same for other hotel chains. One cannot complain of course if they stick to the letter of the rules.

thehornets 18 posts

4 breakfasts were included when I stayed at Hilton Glasgow last year. Didn’t need to ask.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,195 posts

In general … you should, but be prepared to pay if necessary. I just got three at an InterContinental as a Diamond.

Remember also that Hilton is, I think, technically a ‘continental’ breakfast benefit so it could also be restricted to certain buffet items, although it is very rare that this happens.

NorthernLass 7,481 posts

We’ve never been charged for breakfast at a Hilton, even with teenagers, though I’m always prepared to pay if it did turn up on the bill. I suppose going forward it depends whether short term revenue is more important to hotel chains than keeping status members happy!

t0m 75 posts

I’ve always received a full breakfast for 4 (inc 2 kids) at Hilton with Gold.

ankomonkey 45 posts

Remember also that Hilton is, I think, technically a ‘continental’ breakfast benefit so it could also be restricted to certain buffet items, although it is very rare that this happens.

I’d love to see that policed. “Put those baked beans back! I’ll call the manager…”

ed_fly 201 posts

I’d love to see that policed. “Put those baked beans back! I’ll call the manager…”

have a look at the theft of food and drink thread from galleries lounges on flyertalk, very similar content

Tracy 315 posts

My last family of 4 Hilton stay was Hilton Malta as diamond. All 4 got access to executive lounge & breakfast. That was 2 teenagers. YMMV depending on hotel though….

The Savage Squirrel 567 posts

There shouold be only two included, so I wouldn’t kick up any fuss if they said two only, but arriving as two adults and two children we have never not had breakfast free for all 4, over many properties.
    Whether exactly the same would be applied should four hungry 6’6 rugby players emerge from two rooms booked by a gold/plat, who knows. 😀

Wally1976 188 posts

There’s a Flyertalk thread about a Hilton breakfasts that may be useful.

It’s different in the US of course but we ended up with a fairly hefty bill after 7 nights in a Doubletree in Orlando. We got some credit ($20 a day I think) but once the service charge and the rest of the breakfast cost was added on it wasn’t cheap!

memesweeper 1,242 posts

I’ve had three kids and two adults on gold and not paid. I think I actually had four kids on one booking now I think about it. Never been charged anywhere, but I’m always prepared to pay just in case some hotel gets the rule book out on me.

PaulC 66 posts

Do you think 4 adults staying in a 2 bed residential suite at Doubletree Dubai M Square is pushing our look?
    £350 difference on a 10 night stay equates to £17.50 per person per day for the additional 2 people if we were to be charged?

NigelHamilton 200 posts

We’ve stayed at several doubletrees in the UK as a family of 5 (including teenagers) and have always had free breakfast. We often got free drinks vouchers for everyone on arrival too. However in the Hilton Quebec (our first experience outside the UK as a gold) we were only given continental breakfast for two and had to pay for the kids (at adults rates for the over 12’s).

can 506 posts

No problem so far.
    Just got back from a Doubletree in England with 3 adults and a kid, no question asked.
    I am Diamond though.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.