Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Hilton LGW redemptions

• Jase 20 posts

Anyone know why only deluxe room are showing? Means they are 100k a night rather than the usual 40k
    Cheers

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts

Hilton isn’t like Hyatt or (in theory) Marriott – there is no obligation to offer rooms for points just because they are for sale for cash.

Jase 20 posts

Interestingly no standard rooms being sold at the moment

Peter K 553 posts

If you look to October and beyond there are standard room redemptions available. It could be they are playing games or it could be they are genuinely booked up. You could just choose the Hampton and get the shuttle between terminals?

tomb7198 21 posts

I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t have any standard rooms. I know 4 EasyJet crew members who are staying at that Hilton for several weeks (and they have more even more colleagues staying there, some doing trainings, while others are based there temporarily due to demand). Also, it is the peak time of the year, so it could be genuine issue with availability

alexb 37 posts

i got 40k redempton for december

cats_are_best 99 posts

Is there any news on when the exec lounge reopens?

Website says it’s still closed, which seems pretty mean if the hotel is well booked and travel is recovering.

I usually stay there the night before a flight so I can work in the morning before flying, but with BA only recently switching flights back from LHR it’ll be the first stay there for almost three years.

Memories of the bar and restaurant are not good, the recent reviews on TA suggest that’s not changed.

If i can’t get a few drinks in the relative peace of lounge before the room service order, I might switch to somewhere else, or just get a taxi to LGW in the morning.

Man of Kent 67 posts

Is there any news on when the exec lounge reopens?

Website says it’s still closed, which seems pretty mean if the hotel is well booked and travel is recovering.

I usually stay there the night before a flight so I can work in the morning before flying, but with BA only recently switching flights back from LHR it’ll be the first stay there for almost three years.

Memories of the bar and restaurant are not good, the recent reviews on TA suggest that’s not changed.

If i can’t get a few drinks in the relative peace of lounge before the room service order, I might switch to somewhere else, or just get a taxi to LGW in the morning.

The Sofitel at Gatwick may be worth a look. Attached to the North Terminal but easy to get to the South on the monorail if you are with BA.

cats_are_best 99 posts

According to a response from hotel staff on Tripadvisor, the LGW exec lounge is closed until November due to refurbishment works.

Looks like the substitute is a voucher for a drink and a snack, think I’ll pass on that, the TA reviews make the bar sound even worse!

I’d switch to Sofitel, but unfortunately I booked advance purchase/non-refundable ages ago as I couldn’t believe the ‘lounge closed for covid’ status on the hotel website would still be in effect by now. The message is still there, but clearly the closure reason is not covid.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.