Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Hilton rate recalculated when changed payment card?

• JohnTh 61 posts

Had booked a New York Hilton back in the spring for a stay in a couple of week’s time. Having just checked the MyStay in the app to review the price, I then changed just the credit card to use for the stay. The rate then immediately recalculated to current price for a new booking which is much more? Waiting for hotel to reprice back – fortunately I have an AwardWallet email from the time of booking proving the original rate. Has anyone had this happen to them?

JohnTh 61 posts

Update – Diamond team put me in contact with front desk who very quickly manually reapplied the original rate, phew. Goodness knows what would have happened if I hadn’t spotted it before checkin or realised AwardWallet could be so useful for proof.

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,087 posts

Why would AwardWallet email be considered proof? Surely the original Hilton booking confirmation email or nothing.

davefl 1,217 posts

Awardwallet has some surprising uses.

I used it to prove 52 points had mysteriously been removed from my Hertz account. CS had absolutely no clue how or why that could have happened so they credited me with the missing 52. I then emmptied my Hertz account into hotel points. Then almost a year later AW tells me that 52 points mysteriously came back into my account and remain there to this day.

JohnTh 61 posts

Why would AwardWallet email be considered proof? Surely the original Hilton booking confirmation email or nothing.

I was very pleased they did, although their own systems should have the info! Oddly original email had never come through.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.