Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Hilton UK spa hotel recommendations

• NotTheRealRob 86 posts

Hello

Can anyone recommend a nice Hilton Honours hotel with a nice spa just after a quick night away and could do with topping up Hilton Points at the same time.

Thanks

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Entitled 68 posts

I can recommend the Doubletree in Chester and Liverpool. Both have nice Spa areas (i.e. more than just a pool) but I’ve not been in Covid times so cannot speak to what level of service they are currently offering.

NotTheRealRob 86 posts

OK thanks will take a look

Go197 78 posts

Some Doubletree hotels with spas and pools, including Harrogate and Sheffield, have started charging for pool access where it used to be free for hotel guests, eg £30 for 2 hours pool access at Harrogate.

This isn’t a good trend.

It’s made worse by the hotel website prominently declaring “indoor pool” as an amenity but only showing the charges if you click to expand “additional hotel policies” and scroll past all the text about cancellation, payment, face coverings and so on.

NorthernLass 7,464 posts

I can recommend the Doubletree in Chester and Liverpool. Both have nice Spa areas (i.e. more than just a pool) but I’ve not been in Covid times so cannot speak to what level of service they are currently offering.

+1 for Chester, it’s a lovely facility, better than you’d expect from the look of the hotel (which is nice but not exactly opulent). Use is free for gold and diamond (or if you’re having a treatment), which makes it trump the Doubletree Harrogate any day of the week!

NorthernLass 7,464 posts

+1 for Chester, it’s a lovely facility, better than you’d expect from the look of the hotel (which is nice but not exactly opulent). Use is free for gold and diamond (or if you’re having a treatment), which makes it trump the Doubletree Harrogate any day of the week!

We were actually there this weekend and it was pretty quiet but all the spa areas were open. Masks required in some areas (including during treatments if you’re facing upwards!) Massages were really good, £70 for a full body massage which isn’t cheap but is less than a lot of similar places charge!

The Savage Squirrel 567 posts

Firstly where are you in the country if you want a quick break rather than extensive travel?

Cadbury House Bristol South has nice grounds, a decent spa, a couple of places to eat including a MPW, and is conveniently near the M5 (although NOT near Bristol 😀 )
    Have heard good things about St George’s Park although haven’t stayed myself. It’s all pretty new and shiny.

NotTheRealRob 86 posts

Firstly where are you in the country if you want a quick break rather than extensive travel?

Cadbury House Bristol South has nice grounds, a decent spa, a couple of places to eat including a MPW, and is conveniently near the M5 (although NOT near Bristol 😀 )
    Have heard good things about St George’s Park although haven’t stayed myself. It’s all pretty new and shiny.

We are in the midlands so can get most places apart from east of london and north east England in a couple of hours. I’ll check out Cadbury house. Although I don’t like MPW he had is day a long time ago

The Savage Squirrel 567 posts

. I’ll check out Cadbury house. Although I don’t like MPW he had is day a long time ago

Don’t worry, we all know he’ll have had nothing to do with it ever beyond collecting a royalty fee – it just means they make a bit more effort than an unbeanded generic hotel restaurant 😀 😀

If you’re happy with a lesser hotel (still with spa) in order to stay in a nice town or city then DT Cheltenham and Hilton Cardiff would both work for you?

Carlos 758 posts

any decent uk hiltons with a heated indoor pool/jacuzzi?
    bonus would be a steam room

shutter 8 posts

Can anyone who has been to both Liverpool and Chester DT confirm which has the nicest spa please?

revkev7 12 posts

I’ve been to both. The Liverpool DT is compact but very good. Nice central hotel but now sadly charge Diamond members £15. The Crowne Plaza is probably a better option or the Marriott both with much larger pools. The Chester DT spa is much bigger than Liverpool and FOC and probably better overall for a stay over a few days.

Donna 1 post

Hilton at St Georges Park near Burton on Trent. It is set in the Englands football training ground but you can stay there and use the pool, jacuzzi, steam roon and sauna. Food is lovely and not overpriced.

DevonDiamond 71 posts

Not sure what the spa is like but Doubletree Cheltenham has some cheap rates at the moment and has a spa. I’m here tonight on a £48 rate

MattB 259 posts

Not sure what the spa is like but Doubletree Cheltenham has some cheap rates at the moment and has a spa. I’m here tonight on a £48 rate

We stay there fairly often as rates can be very cheap, don’t think I’ve ever paid more than £65 a night even on weekends with breakfast for 2 as a gold. Funnily enough was just looking to book for a few weeks time.

Its pretty dated as a building though and the spa facilities aren’t the best. But it’s in a nice location just out of town and just a quick bus straight into the centre.

I’ve stayed at Chester DT many times for work and that trumps Cheltenham in every department bar location IMO.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,195 posts

St George’s Park is better than Cadbury House – I did a night there last year, after our famous Center Parcs trip, and whilst totally fine its not like St George’s Park. Because that hotel is based at the Football Association HQ the leisure facilities are a step up.

MrHandBaggageOnly 12 posts

any decent uk hiltons with a heated indoor pool/jacuzzi?
    bonus would be a steam room

Cardiff has all three and a sauna.

DevonDiamond 71 posts

We stay there fairly often as rates can be very cheap, don’t think I’ve ever paid more than £65 a night even on weekends with breakfast for 2 as a gold. Funnily enough was just looking to book for a few weeks time.

Its pretty dated as a building though and the spa facilities aren’t the best. But it’s in a nice location just out of town and just a quick bus straight into the centre.

I’ve stayed at Chester DT many times for work and that trumps Cheltenham in every department bar location IMO.

I can’t complain for the price and they can barely be making any money from me. Pool a bit council leisure centre and lockers didn’t seem to work. I’m certainly getting good value with the points, and for the first time in 2 years some drinks vouchers.

Diamond parking spaces right by the door were a nice touch. Not seen them before. I’ll stay here again if it works for me.

barnaby100 10 posts

I have stayed in all those named except Liverpool

St. George’s/Chester
    Then
    Cadbury house

John 1,000 posts

I believe Cheltenham has no Aircon which makes it not great in summer heatwaves – not verified but it put me off from trying it last year, went to DT Swindon instead which does have air con and is basically a motorway hotel, but the room was ok and the restaurant was very good. As I said I don’t do spas so not sure if it even has one

DevonDiamond 71 posts

Yeah there was a wall mounted fan as aircon. I found the room quite warm and turned down the radiator and opened the window.

JohnTh 58 posts

Hilton Metropole Brighton has indoor basement level pool jacuzzi sauna steam room & gym. Not huge but quite pleasant.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.