Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Holiday Inn opening at Manchester Airport in September

• NorthernLass 7,590 posts

Just seen on the IHG website that there is a HI available to book at MAN T2 from September. Not sure what property this is taking over but it’ll be good if it’s in addition to the current options.

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    yorkieflyer 259 posts

new build in front of T2. an Ibis also opening on same site

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,096 posts

Gosh this has taken an age. At one stage I am pretty sure Hyatt had branding up there in that building site part of MAN. A well maintained HI, connected via internal footbridge, will suit me better than the overpriced Radisson. Outside of winter I’m quite happy with the existing Crowne Plaza.

NorthernLass 7,590 posts

Isn’t BA supposed to be moving to T2 or have I made that up?!
    I find the CP staff quite unhelpful and not at all accommodating and the Doubletree, while treating gold members very well, is often ridiculously overpriced for what it is.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts

Thanks for this, wasn’t on our radar. Will be a special treat for Rhys 🙂

Entitled 68 posts

You’ll have to let us know when so that he can host the first HfP party out in the hinterlands.

Harrier25 852 posts

You’ll have to let us know when so that he can host the first HfP party out in the hinterlands.

HFP levelling up!

NorthernLass 7,590 posts

You could let him review Premiair as consolation!

Supergers49 225 posts

Gosh this has taken an age. At one stage I am pretty sure Hyatt had branding up there in that building site part of MAN. A well maintained HI, connected via internal footbridge, will suit me better than the overpriced Radisson. Outside of winter I’m quite happy with the existing Crowne Plaza.

Very fond memories of the MAN CP. Used to be the bmi crew hotel back in the day and I used to have to head up regularly to apologise for crew behaviour.

shilly 111 posts

Crowne plaza is closed for now anyone know why? We have a booking for April but nothing has been said so far and no email from them so I have provisionally booked the Radisson on points just in case.

NorthernLass 7,590 posts

Crowne plaza is closed for now anyone know why? We have a booking for April but nothing has been said so far and no email from them so I have provisionally booked the Radisson on points just in case.

I have a feeling it was a quarantine hotel so might still be under contract to the government (another waste of public money!)

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts

You could let him review Premiair as consolation!

He’s done PremiAir – special treat from the editorial budget, given that I’d already reviewed it 🙂

Lady London 2,054 posts

All reviews should be kept up to date though particularly with the variable lounge situation in Covid wouldn’t you agree Rhys? 🙂

The real Swiss Tony 662 posts

Equally though there’s a need for the rest of us to be kept informed of just how dire the MAN security queues are. Am taking my first flight out of there in many, many years in April. The prospect is somewhat daunting as fast track seems to be quite the opposite…

NorthernLass 7,590 posts

Equally though there’s a need for the rest of us to be kept informed of just how dire the MAN security queues are. Am taking my first flight out of there in many, many years in April. The prospect is somewhat daunting as fast track seems to be quite the opposite…

We will be there in about 4 weeks. However, last summer when I flew to TFS and PMI they weren’t bad at all, for Manchester, though I’ve seen horrendous reports in the past couple of months as staffing levels seem to have been hit badly by Omicron.
    They hate you for being eligible for fast track, and will deliberately let families with babies and prams go in front of you if they think you are travelling in a premium cabin or similarly privileged status!

davefl 1,222 posts

We will be there in about 4 weeks. However, last summer when I flew to TFS and PMI they weren’t bad at all, for Manchester, though I’ve seen horrendous reports in the past couple of months as staffing levels seem to have been hit badly by Omicron.
    They hate you for being eligible for fast track, and will deliberately let families with babies and prams go in front of you if they think you are travelling in a premium cabin or similarly privileged status!

There were hoardings in the security area in T1 a few weeks ago promising a wonderful new experience coming in summer 22. I’ll believe it when I see it.

I’m off out via T2 in a few weeks and I’ve not been through there in years so we’ll see what the new terminal extension is like. Alas no sign of the VS lounge opening yet.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.