Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Honolulu – best way to get near it with a 241 voucher?

• memesweeper 1,254 posts

How do you see availability on these routes? I’d be very interested in ATL-GCM on Delta as it’s an expensive cash route.

Search on virginatlantic.com

Book on the phone

Or you could search on a partner’s site instead (eg KLM which I find easier as it allows you to directly enter IATA airport codes)

A quick check shows a seat in economy on Virgin and KLM for 8 Sept flying with Delta. 11k Virgin saves you USD 300, 2.5p/point, not a shabby redemption …

zapato1060 637 posts

How do you see availability on these routes? I’d be very interested in ATL-GCM on Delta as it’s an expensive cash route.

If interests you GCM-NAS is fifth freedom on BA metal. Something ridiculous ike 6k Avíos.

NorthernLass 7,567 posts

Thanks @memesweeper and @zapato.
    @zapato, thanks, yes I’ve taken that flight many times; I’m looking for viable alternatives to BA from the UK!

Richard Peters 170 posts

Thanks one and all: some great input and also teased out other ways to get there. So now it’s time to sweat the numbers and get booked for 2024.

strickers 651 posts

Are we all heading to Hawaii next year? Cruise from Vancouver to Honolulu for us, looks like Alaskan is available to book using Avios are BA. No bags included but bag fees look reasonable. So one way flight from Honolulu to San Fran then road trip to San Diego for the flight home.

Iona 57 posts

Are we all heading to Hawaii next year? Cruise from Vancouver to Honolulu for us, looks like Alaskan is available to book using Avios are BA. No bags included but bag fees look reasonable. So one way flight from Honolulu to San Fran then road trip to San Diego for the flight home.

Yep, next autumn’s the plan. We were pondering a cruise down from Vancouver – who are you going with?

strickers 651 posts

Celebrity I think. Haven’t booked yet.

pappap647 48 posts

Been researching this journey. If your Avíos poor you can’t go wrong with 85k from MAD in A350 with IB for 2x using 241 TO DFW, LAX, SFO.

Then AA to HNL or OGG from lax/SFo/phx (13k Avíos 1 way) or dfw (20k 1 way) and £4 fees.

How did you use a 241 on IB as I thought it had to be BA metal?

Richie 987 posts

Which flights from the US/CA to HNL have a wide F/J class seat and which have flat beds? TIA.

Guernsey Globetrotter 587 posts

Been researching this journey. If your Avíos poor you can’t go wrong with 85k from MAD in A350 with IB for 2x using 241 TO DFW, LAX, SFO.

Then AA to HNL or OGG from lax/SFo/phx (13k Avíos 1 way) or dfw (20k 1 way) and £4 fees.

How did you use a 241 on IB as I thought it had to be BA metal?

You must have missed this: https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/12/07/big-news-use-your-ba-amex-2-4-1-companion-vouchers-on-iberia-and-aer-lingus/

pappap647 48 posts

oh wow, amazing.

Is it still best to use BA to search for these IB flights?

Iona 57 posts

Which flights from the US/CA to HNL have a wide F/J class seat and which have flat beds? TIA.

It depends who you want to fly with. In summary though, it’s typically flat bed unless you’re flying from Seattle, Vancouver or California.

From those areas it looks like:
    – Hawaiian offer a flat bed from Seattle, LA, San Francisco & San Diego (but not San Jose, at least when I was looking).
    – United have flat beds from LA and San Francisco (but not on all flights).
    – Delta have some flat beds from LA (but most flights are recliners).
    – That seems to be about it, others are all recliners for the “shorter” hops.

nectar collector 282 posts

It depends who you want to fly with. In summary though, it’s typically flat bed unless you’re flying from Seattle, Vancouver or California.

From those areas it looks like:
    – Hawaiian offer a flat bed from Seattle, LA, San Francisco & San Diego (but not San Jose, at least when I was looking).
    – United have flat beds from LA and San Francisco (but not on all flights).
    – Delta have some flat beds from LA (but most flights are recliners).
    – That seems to be about it, others are all recliners for the “shorter” hops.

AA operate 777-200s from Dallas Fort Worth to Hawaii with lie flat seats, and some 787-8 services from Chicago to Hawaii.

Iona 57 posts

AA operate 777-200s from Dallas Fort Worth to Hawaii with lie flat seats, and some 787-8 services from Chicago to Hawaii.

Not sure on the exact plane but I think AA offer flat beds from Phoenix too. Air Canada, Delta, Hawaiian and United also offer flat beds from various places that I didn’t mention too

Jill Kinkell 153 posts

Our AA flight from PHX was on a 787 with flatbeds

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.