Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other London life Hotel ideas around Clapham Common

• SimonD 10 posts

Hello! We will be attending a party at a pub close to Clapham Common on a Sat in mid May. I’m having real trouble finding any acceptable looking hotels in the area; the best (available) option so far seems to be the Brixton Premier Inn. Does anyone local have any top tips please? Advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

dougzz99 623 posts

There’s a Prem Inn and a Holiday Inn Express in Wandsworth which is a short cab ride.

zio 249 posts

You don’t mention budget or if you want a chain, but the Windmill pub on Clapham Common has rooms.

ChrisC 956 posts

There is a travelodge next to Balham Station and one at Vauxhall

Both within easy access of Bus and tube.

AJA 1,060 posts

I’d stay somewhere more central and get a cab /uber /free now / tube from the pub after the party.

Lula 203 posts

Airbnb? Failing that I agree with @AJA that I’d stay more central and travel. Although depends where you live of course and whether that makes things more difficult with parking etc.

SamG 1,639 posts

Another vote for either a Premier Inn or the HEX at Wandsworth. Easy enough getting an Uber to/from

brassneck 24 posts

Slightly further away but Colliers Wood Holiday Inn is about 5 stops down the Northern Line. Merton Abbey Mills is nearby for something to do next morning.

Gavin454 157 posts

Slightly further away but Colliers Wood Holiday Inn is about 5 stops down the Northern Line. Merton Abbey Mills is nearby for something to do next morning.

Yes, the Colliers Wood HEX should be more convenient than the Wandsworth one assuming the party finishes before the tube stops (the night tube has not been restarted on the Northern Line yet). Otherwise, the Travelodge next to Balham station has already been mentioned. Staying at The Windmill pub on the Common is probably the nicest option!

John 1,000 posts

Yes, the Colliers Wood HEX should be more convenient than the Wandsworth one assuming the party finishes before the tube stops (the night tube has not been restarted on the Northern Line yet). Otherwise, the Travelodge next to Balham station has already been mentioned. Staying at The Windmill pub on the Common is probably the nicest option!

On Sunday mornings, the N155 runs from Clapham Junction to Colliers Wood every 15 minutes all night long between 0039 and 0537.

Sam 96 posts

On Sunday mornings, the N155 runs from Clapham Junction to Colliers Wood every 15 minutes all night long between 0039 and 0537.

The N155! Oh, the memories(/nightmares)!

SimonD 10 posts

Many thanks everyone. Sadly the Windmill was fully booked (one to remember for the future), so I have gone for Travelodge Balham!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.