Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Hotel recommendation for an overnight stay + parking for Heathrow T5

• DJ 93 posts

Hi,

Please can you recommend a hotel near T5? I can see there a Holiday Inn (Bath Road) and a Renaissance, both offering 4-day parking.

Which one would you pick?

Thanks

Guernsey Globetrotter 587 posts

As a Channel Island flyer I don’t need to worry about parking but I do stay at the Sofitel T5 reasonably often. It’s a decent enough offering for an airport hotel and logistics can’t be beaten as it’s attached to the terminal. Not the cheapest but I believe their parking offering may be competitive:
    https://all.accor.com/promotions-offers/package-offers/owm000866-sofitel-park-sleep-and-fly.en.shtml

DJ 93 posts

Thank you 🙂 £10 a day works out a lot better!

jj 520 posts

Careful – that page hasn’t been updated. The current price is £20 per night, as you’ll discover if you attempt to book.

Carlos 758 posts

Is that free 4 day parking for one night? good for short trips, or is there a rate card somewhere, it says 4,8,15 days so i presume theres a rate card for each option?

jj 520 posts

@Carlos, you buy a park and stay package from the hotel when you book. Unfortunately, the package is only available for flexible rates, so the deal is less attractive for short stays. On the positive side, parking is eligible spend on the ALL scheme, and you can usually also get cash from TopCashback on the entire booking.

Guernsey Globetrotter 587 posts

@Carlos, you buy a park and stay package from the hotel when you book. Unfortunately, the package is only available for flexible rates, so the deal is less attractive for short stays. On the positive side, parking is eligible spend on the ALL scheme, and you can usually also get cash from TopCashback on the entire booking.

Or Avios @8 per £ via BA e-store

jj 520 posts

Good point about the estore. I prefer use TopCashback for Accor as the rate is higher, but (and this may be important for some) earnings from Accor can’t be used to purchase Avios – only bank transfer is permitted.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.