Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

• Mikeact 232 posts

I want to add one of my son’s + partner ( different surname) + 3 young ones to my HH to help them get away sometime.
    Can I/they use just one email address for all or will it be flagged up ‘already in use’ ? Thanks.

NorthernLass 7,573 posts

You can use the same email but they also have to have the same residential address as you to be accepted.

ChrisC 956 posts

You can use the same email but they also have to have the same residential address as you to be accepted.

Not since last year

https://www.headforpoints.com/2021/11/21/british-airways-tweaks-the-rules-on-household-accounts/

ChrisC 956 posts
    Mikeact 232 posts

Thanks Chris. Do you think it better to set up a Friends and Family list instead ?

ChrisC 956 posts

I assume this is so you can use your avios to get flights for them? In which case F&F is likely best way to go.

If they are part of your HHA then they can use your avios whenever they want

If your sons family do any cash flights then he (or his partner) can create a HHA and that way the kids will start to earn avios and TPs.

Mikeact 232 posts

Appreciate that…F&F is the way to go then. We would just like to give them a break after some difficult issues.

To dare is to do 130 posts

I often book reward flights for my son and his wife, just so you know if you book it and pay for it even if it’s £1 you will also be able to keep eye on booking in MMB. All flight changes emails come to me on said bookings and indeed the actual ticket confirmation comes to me. My son and wife are in my household account. Don’t forget to tick the person paying is not travelling box, if you’re not going with them.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.