Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors How do I check / book adjoining rooms on redemption?

• Rhino40 6 posts

How do I ensure or check availability for adjoining rooms if the 2 redemptions are booked on 2 separate accounts? Do I just book them and email a request? Obviously, booking on 2 accounts secures more free breakfasts.

• This topic was modified 54 years, 3 months ago by .
    John 1,000 posts

Do you mean interconnecting rooms rather than just adjoining? Well you wouldn’t be able to do it on separate accounts, and it doesn’t matter whether it’s a redemption or paid stay. For just adjoining rooms, you can’t choose a room until online check in (if the hotel even offers self-selection of room).

I suppose you can check for availability with a dummy booking, but as evidenced by a recent thread on flyertalk, even if you do book a “guaranteeed” interconnecting pair of rooms, the hotel can still oversell them and just offer a refund / some points.

Basically you’ll have to contact the hotel and ask before booking, but if you’re going to do that you might as well ask them if they’ll offer free breakfast for everyone even if booked on one account, and you might as well ask if they can offer a better rate by booking directly directly, rather than “directly” through Hilton (but still give points and stay credit).

Rhino40 6 posts

Cheers John. Yes I did mean interconnecting, although rooms next to each other would be OK. I appreciate the advice, but in the case of WA Dubai in April, I don’t think booking direct would compare favourably with a points redemption. However, it doesn’t hurt to ask.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.