How long does it take for BA to pay the compensation owed?
26th June 2022 at 10:34alexanderproton
Due to a flight cancellation last minute in April (London to Athens), I applied and was granted compensation of 400 EUR per passenger by BA. It has been more than two months now and I have not received it. How long does it typically take to get it? Thanks!26th June 2022 at 10:43PeteM
That sounds like a long time! They confirmed some duty of care money being owed to me on 15/Jun and it was in my account on 22/Jun. Would probably chase through your complaint file.
26th June 2022 at 13:14gustavo
- This reply was modified 52 years, 8 months ago by .
Same timeline as @PeteM for both of my claims one from March and one from May. Once confirmed it took around a week to reach my bank account.26th June 2022 at 13:24tazzy
I applied mid March. Still waiting ….27th June 2022 at 07:00alexanderproton
Thanks all.27th June 2022 at 08:22meta
They are bound by UK261 to send the money within 7 days. You can charge interest on it now and I would request this from BA.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- Blair Waldorf Salad on Chat thread – Wednesday 17th August
- Blair Waldorf Salad on Hilton Dubai Palm Jumeirah
- GillyDee on Chat thread – Wednesday 17th August
- kevind on What BA knows about us when we enter a lounge
- Jacob on iPass with HSBC MasterCard
- Guernsey Globetrotter on Virgin redemptions using a 2-4-1 voucher – how?
- Reney on The HSBC Premier Mastercards thread
- Alexthenotsogreat on Virgin redemptions using a 2-4-1 voucher – how?
- JDB on Current wait times after acceptance
- dougzz99 on Missing baggage rights
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.3 million of rooms to date. Click for details.