Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club How long will BA’s flexible booking policy last?

• keeven 17 posts

Given the government is dropping all the covid restrictions, I wonder how long will BA’s book with confidence will last. For myself I have a BA companion voucher expiring March 2023, I am waiting for another voucher to arrive in May then I can make a booking for my family of 4 then cancel it to FTV, so I can use it for later 2023. I’m worried that if BA changes the policy soon then I will have no chance to use my current voucher, as I have already booked all the holidays for this year.

ChrisC 956 posts

Personally I think the existing policy will remain in place for bookings for trips up until the end of August and that they won’t change that or stop it applying early for new bookings bettween now anf then

However I don’t think they will extend it to bookings for trips for after September.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

There were plans drawn up to cull it last year which got pulled at short notice. It will become relatively clear to BA soon whether it is a problem or not, especially for October half term bookings.

BA is already more generous than other European airlines so it’s not as if there is a lot of competitive pressure on them. The only pressure is from customers who may not be booking early.

Gavin454 160 posts

It will be a shame if they don’t extend it for long haul flights in particular. For example, Japan remains closed and is not indicating to be opening to tourism anytime soon. I want to go next winter, but I won’t book anything in advance unless either Japan fully reopens to tourism, or book with confidence is extended.

SamG 1,644 posts

I don’t think it’ll get extended, have been doing a fair bit of flying recently and flights are busier and busier each time. What may remain longer is no change fees which would match what competitors are offering

keeven 17 posts

I know that the current book with confidence policy is valid for travels due to be completed by 31st August. What I don’t want is BA suddenly withdraw this policy for new bookings, which means I won’t be able to cancel and get FTV valid till 30 September 2023.

keeven 17 posts

I am debating myself should I book with 1 companion voucher now to secure 1 FTV for 2 persons, or should I wait until May to book with 2 companion vouchers for 4 persons. I hope BA won’t change the policy.

ScruttonStreet 8 posts

The only pressure is from customers who may not be booking early.

I think that is the nub of it. Surely you’d have to be off your head to book a long haul flight after September, given the situation – and potential situation – in other parts of the world?

At least with the current Swiss/Lufthansa booking rules, I think I could book a flight to the Far East for, say, January, and pay only a little bit more to make it flexible. Why would anyone book BA this far out – surely bookings will dive after BWC runs out.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.