Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes How to book multi-destination Avios redemptions on Iberia?

• cinereus 161 posts

I can search one ways and returns on the website with pay by Avios but it seems impossible to book a simple origin open-jaw.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Colin MacKinnon 283 posts

And while on Iberia, does Iberia have a multi-partner redemption chart like BA?

Scott 240 posts

You can’t book an Avios open jaw on BA.com, so wouldn’t be surprised if it also wasn’t possible on iberia.com and would require a phonecall.

Probably simpler to book two one-ways unless you really need a return. Iberia doesn’t apply the bonkers surcharges that can be an issue with BA, so no cost benefit in booking a return (although does offer some advantages re cancellation.)

cinereus 161 posts

You can’t book an Avios open jaw on BA.com, so wouldn’t be surprised if it also wasn’t possible on iberia.com and would require a phonecall.

Probably simpler to book two one-ways unless you really need a return. Iberia doesn’t apply the bonkers surcharges that can be an issue with BA, so no cost benefit in booking a return (although does offer some advantages re cancellation.)

Thanks. Is it possible to book the following over the phone:

LGW-MAD cash
    MAD-BOG-LGW Avios

all as one ticket? I want this specifically because there’s only 2 hours between arriving at MAD and the flight to BOG so don’t want to lose my flight if there’s a delay or issue with the LGW-MAD leg…

JDB 4,384 posts

Thanks. Is it possible to book the following over the phone:

LGW-MAD cash
    MAD-BOG-LGW Avios

all as one ticket? I want this specifically because there’s only 2 hours between arriving at MAD and the flight to BOG so don’t want to lose my flight if there’s a delay or issue with the LGW-MAD leg…

No, you can’t mix cash and Avios bookings on the same PNR. If you could, you would also be liable for UK APR for the long haul flight as you aren’t breaking your journey for more than 24 hours in Madrid.

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,083 posts

If you want the protections of a single ticket then you need to buy a single ticket. With separate tickets for separate legs you have no protections in the first is late and you miss the second.

The only way I would do this sort of trip is to travel to MAD the day before and over night OR leave a good 4 hours between the flights and even then on a bad day it could be dicey especually if you have bags and are encumbered by children or slow moving adults.

As to this

” I want this specifically because there’s only 2 hours between arriving at MAD and the flight to BOG so don’t want to lose my flight if there’s a delay or issue with the LGW-MAD leg…”

You don’t have 2 hours. You have that less the IB long haul check in time so likely an hour (best double check this).

Like BA and AA, IB does not through check on separate tickets even IB to IB

yorkieflyer 259 posts

Enjoy a night in Madrid, a much underrated city

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.