Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Marriott Bonvoy How to get from Sheraton Heathrow to Terminal 3?

• Wally1976 188 posts

Hi, going to be staying at Sheraton Heathrow prior to a flight from Heathrow T3 in a few weeks. What’s the best way to travel between the two? Is it walkable (with minimal luggage and plenty of time)? Or is there a cheap bus option? I know the free buses have stopped.

Tariq 79 posts

Definitely not walkable. There should be a TFL bus route suitable, which would be relatively inexpensive. Last time I was there, they had an advert in the lobby for this:

https://www.weknowlondon.com/transport/hotel-e-shuttle

Wally1976 188 posts

Thanks Tariq; they mention that on their website too at £14.99. That’s a bit on the pricey side for me but depends what other options are available I guess.

dougzz99 623 posts

Walk to the main road (Colnbrook Bypass) and turn right, walk about 3 mins to the bus stop. Number 4 to Heathrow Bus station, £1.55.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Wally1976 188 posts

Exactly what I was after, thanks dougzz99!

Matt 320 posts

Google Maps is pretty good at telling you bus routes and schedules.

Uber is another option, probably around £10-15 or so from Sheraton to LHR, but likely to be more expensive the other way.

Wally1976 188 posts

Thanks Matt. Had a look at the schedule for the number 4 bus and only seems to be one an hour on a Sunday so we might need the Uber or e-shuttle mentioned by Tariq.

Just a shame we can’t walk – it looks so close!

SteveJ 977 posts

Thanks Matt. Had a look at the schedule for the number 4 bus and only seems to be one an hour on a Sunday so we might need the Uber or e-shuttle mentioned by Tariq.

Have a look at the U3 bus if that has better service. That’s taking a left out of the hotel and 6 minute walk.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    George K 287 posts

You wouldn’t want to walk to T3 anyway, especially under the long underground tunnel with all the cars going back and forth..

I’ve never used the 4 bus, but, I have used the U3 bus, which you could get from a bus stop about 10 mins from the Sheraton (just to check, you’re at the Sheraton, and not the Sheraton Skyline, right?). £1.55 via contactless will get you there in 15-20 mins. I seem to recall more than two an hour, but check the timetable and see if that’s any better!

aso40 54 posts

Realise you said you don’t want to use the We Know service, but would highly recommend it for anyone who wants to pay for an easy option.

We used them to and from this hotel last year, and it was a great service – they use a fleet of smart new Jaguar E Pace cars. We also got it for £9.99 each way by booking it on their main website, rather than on the hotel booking page. As that hotel was only £80, which was much cheaper than any hotel with walkable or public transport option, it was worth it.

dougzz99 623 posts

The problem with walking around big infrastructure projects like airports is bits of route unsuitable for pedestrians. Not sure what occupancy/use of car parks is like, but in normal times it’s possible to walk into T5 long stay/T3 business and just use the courtesy buses.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.