Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other London life How to get Wimbledon tickets?

• M 29 posts

Is it somehow still possible to get Wimbledon tickets (other than paying a few £k)?
    I was hoping to get some from ballot returns, but I have never seen any emails regarding this – presumably that ship has sailed?
    I know I can try queueing on the day, and I know I can get expensive tickets from debenture holders or places like stubhub – is there a better way?

Richie 989 posts

Wimbledon.com seem to have sensible options. I don’t trust other profiteering ticket markets.

Jacob 223 posts

Keep checking the website. Last year the tickets kept popping up. Got myself tickets to the Women’s Final 3 days before the match day.

M 29 posts

Wimbledon.com seem to have sensible options. I don’t trust other profiteering ticket markets.

Is there anything on Wimbledon.com that actually allows buying tickets now? I saw physical queue on the day, online tickets on the day and hospitality packages (available, but quite expensive). Am I missing anything?

Keep checking the website. Last year the tickets kept popping up. Got myself tickets to the Women’s Final 3 days before the match day.

Yeah I have been checking a couple times a day for the last few days, but could not see anything at all. Will keep checking.

SamG 1,644 posts

Last year IIRC was different because there hadn’t been the ballot. Before that there had been a ticketmaster sale of 500 tickets per day IIRC – I went one year and got the tickets pretty easily.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

First year they did Ticketmaster they were easy to get but trickier since. I imagine there will be returns this year because I think the tickets have gone to people from 2020 who never got to go and a few will have died / moved etc.

That said, generally best to befriend corporates with tickets …. we’ve had invites from Amex and Barclaycard 🙂

wimbledondebentureholders.com is the best way to buy from debenture holders.

Michael C 667 posts

Just looking ahead to future years, I signed up as an LTA member for GBP20, and managed to get
    a ticket a couple of weeks ago in their…third? round of ballots. Centre Court for first Weds, around
    90 quid.

SteveJ 978 posts

Isn’t there usually an Amex card holder special purchase option?

ChrisDB 3 posts

Make sure you have a MyWimbledon account setup in advance as this is the ticket delivery system since last year. The new middle Sunday may have tickets available nearer the time as these were not balloted in 2020 – they have been available for purchase by local residents but not sure if they are sold out.

rams 223 posts

Is it somehow still possible to get Wimbledon tickets (other than paying a few £k)?
    I was hoping to get some from ballot returns, but I have never seen any emails regarding this – presumably that ship has sailed?
    I know I can try queueing on the day, and I know I can get expensive tickets from debenture holders or places like stubhub – is there a better way?

lots of tickets there now

Jacob 223 posts

Thanks for the heads up @rams – got myself a pair to the Centre Court for day 13!

Tracey 211 posts

Careful with addresses. Friends who had a pair of tickets this year as they had bought for 2020 were contacted as player 2 bought this year, told that they were only allowed one purchase per address and they were being refunded one set of tickets!

Sammy 15 posts

Hi all!

With the start of Wimbledon, I thought it would be good to start a thread so please know how to get tickets!
    It’s my other half’s first year and he really wants to go. We don’t have tickets at the mo – I’ve just been on the website and I’m in the wait queue – I didn’t realise there was a wait queue as I thought all tickets have been sold.

I have an Amex card and managed to get last minute tickets last year – it says on the website Amex will announce on social media but I don’t have social media so no way of checking!

If people know of any tips, they see tickets, please could you post on here! Looking to go next Sat 2nd July…I didn’t put this in London life forum as feel the daily thread has more traffic!

Would be interested to hear of people’s experiences with the Amex Lounge this year and best times to go etc…

Thanks!

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    AndyGWP 275 posts

I didn’t put this in London life forum as feel the daily thread has more traffic!

there’s already a thread in the London Life forum anyways 🙂 – https://www.headforpoints.com/forums/topic/how-to-get-wimbledon-tickets/

jsto 75 posts

There’s a few options!
    Best one is just to be persistent on the Wimbledon ticketing website: https://ticketsale.wimbledon.com/ – they periodically seem to “drop” quite a few tickets, presumably returns. Just have to keep refreshing and being in the right place at the right time. This is how I got my tickets for Wednesday (bought at around 11.30pm on Saturday night!)

Amex also do releases for centre court, though it seems to be working differently to last year – the next release is this coming Saturday at 10am for second week matches. At this link but you will need to be on the site somewhat earlier I imagine http://amextickets.wimbledon.com/

Lastly you can of course queue – and it doesn’t seem quite as long this year. But still have to get there early.

Benilyn 150 posts

What’s the food / lunch situation like at Wimbledon?
    I haven’t been in 10 years so forgot what it was like.

cinereus 161 posts

How do the Amex Tickets work? Any details about what info you need to buy and pricing?

jsto 75 posts

How do the Amex Tickets work? Any details about what info you need to buy and pricing?

It’s a limited number of tickets, just for centre court. As above, the next release is Saturday morning at 10am, for quarter finals and semi finals – i.e. next Tuesday through to Friday. Tickets are £165/£175 for Tues/Weds and £200/£210 for Thurs/Fri

You’re better off just frequently refreshing Wimbledon’s standard ticket website. Tickets come and go, but tend to be loaded up at night and also first thing in the morning.

This year though “The Queue” is way down, so you could easily head down in the afternoon, get straight in, and see 4-5 hours’ worth of tennis for very little (ground passes are £27, or £18 after 5pm, and have even seen reports of a fiver). Then if you’re lucky you can get on centre court later in the day as people start to leave. Best day to do this is today/tomorrow, as I imagine will get busier at the weekend, plus fewer singles matches on the outside courts.

jsto 75 posts

Food options are excellent and varied! Plenty of casual dining options (and smarter options too). EG Pizzeria, fish and chips, salads, hot plates etc. Not cheap but not ludicrous either. Be prepared to queue though.

YC 229 posts

Not easy to get tickets this morning. They appear but can’t add to basket and false availability continues to show. Any idea when amex releases the finals tickets?

Sammy 15 posts

Am here today and it’s pretty much a shambles when it comes to tickets as reported by the press. Grounds were heaving and lots of empty seats on all courts and resale queue moving very slowly! There are more people outside the courts than in and don’t think it was worthwhile (for me anyway) coming!

Need to find a way to get a hospitality ticket from a corporate…

Michael C 667 posts

Food options are excellent and varied! Plenty of casual dining options (and smarter options too). EG Pizzeria, fish and chips, salads, hot plates etc. Not cheap but not ludicrous either. Be prepared to queue though.

I was surprised that the food was pretty ok!
    Incidentally, if you go to the first Resolution Point to say you haven’t
    got the app, they give you a paper ticket…and let you through the entrance there.
    Whole thing took 20 seconds.

mzb 64 posts

Anyone has any idea whether Wimbledon tickets/returns will be sold on the Wimbledon site like they have in past years? I managed to grab a couple in previous years this way. I have no interest/time to partake in The Queue.

The website claims instructions for those who were not successful in the ballot will be getting access to some tickets, but although I am part of that group have not seen anything come through.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

Amex will be selling tickets again exclusively to cardmembers. This is presumably via Ticketmaster. It’s mentioned on the Amex page of the Wimbledon website.

The first year they did this it was very easy to get tickets but then people started to catch on ….

jsto 75 posts

Anyone has any idea whether Wimbledon tickets/returns will be sold on the Wimbledon site like they have in past years? I managed to grab a couple in previous years this way. I have no interest/time to partake in The Queue.

The website claims instructions for those who were not successful in the ballot will be getting access to some tickets, but although I am part of that group have not seen anything come through.

Details of the Amex ticket releases are near the bottom of this: https://www.americanexpress.com/en-gb/life-with-amex/offers-and-experiences/guide-to-wimbledon/
    First release is this Saturday morning at 10am, for the first week.

As you suggest, tickets are much harder to come by this year versus last. Last year Wimbledon kept drip-feeding tickets into the system for anyone to purchase, but this year this is only happening if you entered the ballot and were unsuccessful at the time. Very frustrating!

I wouldn’t completely discount The Queue though. Last year crowds were a long way down in the absence of Federer and Nadal. Meant I turned up to The Queue early/mid afternoon one day and just walked straight in. Also doesn’t count towards your “1 set of tickets per household”. I imagine this year will be busier than last given, but worth monitoring queue levels via various Twitter accounts.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.