Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes How to redeem United miles?

• stankpa 29 posts

Good afternoon,

I’ve got 4,000 miles in my MileagePlus account which I recently acquired through flights in Africa.

I am unlikely to use them for flights, what else could I use them for and how do I redeem? I cannot work out the value on United website (but realise the value will be low).

My main reward accounts are wit BA and Virgin.

Any advice would be very helpful.

davefl 1,219 posts

They dont expire and redeeming them for one way flights in europe start really low and low taxes too, 6000-8000 is typical, so why not keep them?

There are plenty of “how to redeem United miles articles”, just google for them

stankpa 29 posts

Thank you for a prompt response, but it is unlikely I will be using the miles on flights. Most guides focus on flight redemptions. I wouldn’t mind getting Uber eats gift card. The redemptions are all in US dollars. Can I use them in UK app?

TooPoorToBeHere 238 posts

The redemptions are all in US dollars. Can I use them in UK app?

Hopefully someone else will be able to offer certainty, but I have had a US client gift all their staff and contractors Uber eats credit (in dollars) and was able to spend it. The issue with it wasn’t the currency but rather there is almost nothing one can order from Uber eats here in sheep country.

davefl 1,219 posts

Thank you for a prompt response, but it is unlikely I will be using the miles on flights. Most guides focus on flight redemptions. I wouldn’t mind getting Uber eats gift card. The redemptions are all in US dollars. Can I use them in UK app?

I don’t think so. I’m not aware of any retailer that allows you to use a USD balance in the UK and vice versa. Uber ride credit certainly isn’t transferrable across border so I doubt Eats balance would be. TPTBH above says different though.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.