Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes World of Hyatt Hyatt Regency Cape Town?

• RobH not Rob 25 posts

Anyone with feedback on this hotel for a stay for a kid-free couple for a week? I believe its dry but that’s not an issue.

It seems a steal for 8k pts a night. Any other good value recommendations for Cape Town in January?

Birdy 20 posts

We stayed for one night Jan 2022. We paid 2000 ZAR (just under £100) for a room with club access – there was wime and beer in the club lounge. The hotel and room were fine for one night for the price but there are better locations to stay in Cape Town. I think it would be hard to spend a week there. Mr Birdy is from Cape Town and we go at least once a year but wouldn’t stay at this hotel again.

We prefer to stay in Green Point or Sea Point. I know the Waterfront is touristy, but we also really liked Radisson Red.

Thegasman 204 posts

It’s not the worst location in that you could easily & safely walk to V&A or Kloof St in the day & could get an Uber quickly & cheaply to Camps Bay etc but in a city with so many amazing options then you would definitely feel like you had made a sacrifice with accommodation.

Having said that, I stayed in an Airbnb apartment with my wife not far from there in 2015 as we got 2 last minute cheap business class tickets (2 for £2015) over New Year. I’d absolutely do the same again if opportunity arose but everything with beach/pool/sea views etc was full or eye wateringly expensive so we knew it was central apartment or nothing. We were also late 20’s so happy to be out all day wandering or surfing down in Muizenburg.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.