Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes World of Hyatt Hyatt Regency Delhi – to be or not to be… ?

• Neil44 6 posts

My wife and I booked a stay in the Hyatt Regency Delhi and have subsequently discovered it is not part of Hyatt World, seems to have closed in 2020/21 due to financial difficulties and appears open for business albeit not as a branded Hyatt. I saw they had recently appointed a new Director Barun Gupta from the IHG.
    Has anyone stayed there recently or have any useful information as to whether we should stay there in November or book elsewhere. Thank you

peckishpassport 44 posts

My wife and I booked a stay in the Hyatt Regency Delhi and have subsequently discovered it is not part of Hyatt World, seems to have closed in 2020/21 due to financial difficulties and appears open for business albeit not as a branded Hyatt. I saw they had recently appointed a new Director Barun Gupta from the IHG.
    Has anyone stayed there recently or have any useful information as to whether we should stay there in November or book elsewhere. Thank you

I stayed at the Andaz Delhi back in May ’22 and was advised that the HR Delhi had ceased operations. It did appear greyed out on the portal. The Andaz is in Aero City so a tad bit away from the centre but it was a fairly pleasant stay and Globalist recognition and benefits were excellent. I was allowed to check in at 6am and was upgraded to a massive Suite with views of Delhi Airport.

Coincidentally, the HR Mumbai had also ceased operations around that time due to a financial dispute as per the staff at the GH Mumbai.

GUWonder 4 posts

As of at least a few months ago, Hyatt Regency Delhi is back to being a regular Hyatt and it’s possible to book stays using Hyatt points as a Category 1 hotel.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.