Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Hyatt: Spend £250 or more, get £100 back – prepay future stay?

• fw 16 posts

Hi,

Was trying to use the spend £250 for £100 offer on the Andaz Liverpool Street, but unfortunately am not able to make it in time for the offer end date. Has anyone had any luck trying to ask the Hotel to charge their card early to trigger the offer in advance? It says that online payments aren’t valid for this offer.

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Rhys
    HfP Staff
    190 posts

Online payments via Hyatt.com probably aren’t, but you can probably pay in advance directly to the hotel over the phone?

TicknBash 36 posts

Anyone knows if lunch or dinner at the property will trigger the offer ?

fw 16 posts

Online payments via Hyatt.com probably aren’t, but you can probably pay in advance directly to the hotel over the phone?

Unfortunately I tried that, to which they responded a hard no. They also provided me with a payment link for me to take payment instantly online, but I’m assuming this still counts as ‘online spend’ instead of checkout!

kai 77 posts

No, online payment using the hotel’s link usually triggers such offers.

fw 16 posts

No, online payment using the hotel’s link usually triggers such offers.

I (foolishly) paid using it 6 days ago, and it still hasn’t triggered… maybe AMEX have plugged that loophole?

TGLoyalty 535 posts

I haven’t had any offers post for the past couple weeks. Deliveroo on gold card took 3 weeks.

No idea what’s going on with Amex’s systems but they’re broken right now.

kai 77 posts

I haven’t had any offers post for the past couple weeks. Deliveroo on gold card took 3 weeks.

No idea what’s going on with Amex’s systems but they’re broken right now.

Exactly, there are seriously delays with Amex posting cashbacks at the moment so I wouldn’t be worried.

fw 16 posts

Update: Offer is now showing in my ‘Savings’ tab, so it must be similar to @TGLoyalty where it takes weeks and weeks to process. Crisis averted!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.