Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express IHG cashback for Euro payment

• Read2go 9 posts

Wondered if anyone can help me with the T&Cs for the IHG cashback as I was hoping to book Barcelona to trigger… but it says the following:
    ‘Offer only applies to spend made in Great British Pound (GBP) on the Card to which the offer is saved.’
    It doesn’t give me the option to do currency conversion on the IHG app or website so how do I get round this… would normally use my Halifax clarity for euro payments but Would like to take advantage of the £100 cashback! Thanks

tw33ty 186 posts

If you stay at either the ic or the Kimpton in Barcelona you’ll be fine, the euro equivalent when it transfers to gbp just needs to be over the £350 gbp.

Mine tracked and paid just fine.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Supergers49 225 posts

We used our Amex IHG Cashback at Kimpton Amsterdam. Paid in €s the Cashback tracked no problem.

Read2go 9 posts

Thank you… online chat with Amex had just left me confused! They said T&Cs apply so I can’t use if payment is in Euros, then changed their mind and said I can book via any travel agent I can ask for £ and they would know it’s for that hotel until I pointed out it wouldn’t reference the hotel and they then said sorry for the confusion and stopped the chat!
    Not sure why it’s such a difficult question!

Assume a fee and terrible exchange rate is applied?

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Jipster 37 posts

Yes a fee is applied (£11 on a £360 spend) but I can’t comment on the exchange rate.

Happy to confirm the credit came within days, and yes it was euro transaction.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.