Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards IHG Milestone Rewards timing – lounge pass

• Andrew J 769 posts

I have a milestone award to claim by March (just triggered it) and intend to claim the lounge pass option. If I claim it after 1 Jan, will it last until end of 2025, rather than end of 2024 if I claim it now? And presumably you don’t lose the option to claim milestone awards after your milestone progress resets on 1 Jan?

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,089 posts

The rules do say you get the rest of the year you claim it and then the whole of the following year so yes don’t select it until after 1st Jan

Milestone Rewards are different from the normal reset of collection year and they won’t be wiped out if you don’t select them by 31st December.

Andrew J 769 posts

Really helpful reassurance – thank you. So the milestone awards themselves don’t reset, just the progress towards them – ie on Jan 1st I go back to zero to work towards the first 20 night milestone?

Yes that’s correct.

Pangolin 108 posts

Definitely wait until 2024 until you select the Lounge Pass. Then you’ll have it till the end of 2025.

I did something similar at the start of this year. I think I earned the 40 nights in October 2022 but I waited till the start of Jan 2023 to trigger it and now my lounge pass is good till end of 2024.

NorthernLass 7,600 posts

Is this different to the suite upgrade? I thought you had 90 days to claim that?

Is this different to the suite upgrade? I thought you had 90 days to claim that?

Once you reach a milestone you have 3 months to select your choice of the rewards linked to it and put it in your account.

You then have however long from that date to use it so for CSU and F&B that’s a year.

John 1,000 posts

Yeah so if lounge is your target, aim to get to night 40 on 1st Oct or later, then the next year you don’t have to do 40 nights or you don’t have to worry about the timing as much

Andrew J 769 posts

Thanks everyone – really good to know. I’ll wait until next month to trigger the award then and can relax about my nights for next year.

Scottpat78 243 posts

+1 for waiting until 1/1 to select the lounge benefit.

I done this on 1st Jan 2023, and have lounge access until 31st Dec 2024.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.