Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards IHG Phuket / Bankok / Koi Samui options

• pbcold 348 posts

Good morning,
    A minor illness means I have a completely free day ahead of me and I want to try and kick start my BA year from the end May with QR ex-eu flights to somewhere in Asia during half term.
    I can`t see anything under £2k (maybe those days have gone) but FCO-HKT and OSL-BKK look reasonable.
    Does anyone have any good experiences to share of IHG properties in these areas please, or should I add another leg to USM and stay at the I/C or Kimpton? I`m a solo, diamond AMB traveller.
    Many thanks.

BJ 657 posts

First point, why would you want to go to EU to start a flight on Qatar Airways that will most likely involve a middle of the night connection? You can fly Finnair SofaLonge which is by far the best business flat bed available IMO return from the UK for around £2300 in standard business. Regarding the specified hotels, there are thousands of reviews on each across the web. You’ll get much more useful detailed reviews and insights by exploring them that you will get here on HFP. That said, in Bangkok I think location trumps hotel quality, I’d trade the latter for the former. Best location in my opinion are around Lumpini Park (eg CP) and Central World (eg IC and HI Bangkok). New HIX and Suites Central Pier opening with 25% discount. This might be worth a punt given it’s new, discounted and being in Asia likely much more superior to what you’d expect. There is a new IC Sukhumvit too but I don’t think it’s so close to opening.

pbcold 348 posts

Thank you very much indeed for these ideas. Routing from LHR means a significant reduction in tier points doesn`t it?

jeff 36 posts

Bumping this one for Samui IHG recommendations? Looking at two out of three of Kimpton, IC and Six Senses. Cheers!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.