Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards IHG Rewards Club Credit Card will offer Silver Elite

• dst87 264 posts

I just received an email from IHG Rewards Club letting me know the exciting news that my IHG Rewards Club credit card will now offer Silver Elite instead of Gold Elite (which will, to be fair, double the earnings rate).

Seems strange to announce all of this stuff before they’ve even explained what each tier will offer.

New tiers = more rewards

You may have heard that big changes are coming to IHG® Rewards this year. We are excited to share that in our new program, we have redesigned our tiers and earning structure so that you can earn more points*.

As a benefit of your IHG Rewards Club Credit Card, you currently receive Gold Elite status. Beginning in March 2023, you will receive automatic Silver Elite status. With a 20% bonus point earn, you’ll actually double the amount of points you earn today!

And as a thank you for your loyalty, we are extending our NEW Gold Elite status to you until February 2023.

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Karl 47 posts

Thought it’s a bit odd to send out an email launching a loyalty benefits revamp but not actually tell you what the benefits are (aside from tier % bonuses).

Go197 78 posts

I currently have Spire.
    My IHG credit card was closed by Creation.

Telling me that I will now be Silver thanks to a credit card I don’t have instead of the Spire that I do have is a strange way to thank me for my loyalty.

I hope the part of their IT that actually manages status levels is better informed than the part that sent that email.

John 1,000 posts

Thought it’s a bit odd to send out an email launching a loyalty benefits revamp but not actually tell you what the benefits are (aside from tier % bonuses).

That’s because there aren’t any other benefits.

Well at least it points towards IHG not having an intention to shut down the cards, and that it’s all Creation

dst87 264 posts

Actually looking at the email again it appears that it comes from Creation rather than IHG. Still pretty badly worded.

Harrier25 852 posts

IHG Rewards Club is a complete waste of time which doesn’t deserve any of my attention, redesigned or not.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,205 posts

It will stop your points expiring, that’s about it.

Welcome amenities for elite members are being scrapped next month anyway, so the only tangible benefit for Gold was going anyway.

NorthernLass 7,544 posts

Time to start burning the IHG points stashes and get back with HH, I think.

Harrier25 852 posts

Time to start burning the IHG points stashes and get back with HH, I think.

Yes, and the majority of Hilton properties tend to be of a higher standard too.

dst87 264 posts

It will stop your points expiring, that’s about it.

Welcome amenities for elite members are being scrapped next month anyway, so the only tangible benefit for Gold was going anyway.

What are they leaving in? 🙈 I’m interested to see what the tier benefits are next month. Has anything been announced, or are you letting some pre-releases info slip?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.