Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards IHG website down

• PeteM 714 posts

That’s not pleasant… Plenty of time for me to change my mind or find a better value booking though.

My account is back up and running via the app, and sadly my points balance seems correct incl my recent redemptions 😢

I have now stayed twice this year and I really wouldn’t go back, unless I get an amazing rate. My biggest bugbear is the HVAC – it just doesn’t work. You can’t really control it in any room (I have tried four across the hotel) and even when you turn it off-off it comes back on to keep the room cold. Only solution if you want it warmer is to get electric heater from reception.

Roberto 281 posts

A full account of the outage reported on the BBC this morning detailing amongst other things that the Web servers password was Qwerty1234 & people wonder how they got hacked !!

BBC News – IHG hack: ‘Vindictive’ couple deleted hotel chain data for fun
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-62937678

bibby135 27 posts

Maybe Qwerty1234 could be the new Kimpton password………that be good humour!

Bill 169 posts

A full account of the outage reported on the BBC this morning detailing amongst other things that the Web servers password was Qwerty1234 & people wonder how they got hacked !!

BBC News – IHG hack: ‘Vindictive’ couple deleted hotel chain data for fun
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-62937678

That’s not what the BBC says

NorthernLass 7,581 posts

Slightly worrying that these two aren’t even considered to be professional hackers!

Meanwhile, IHG or someone else has $600 of mine that Curve doesn’t seem able to prevent being taken from a locked card 😡

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.