Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Impresario rate, double base points – might no longer be offered

• rjn21 31 posts

Impresario rates have, amongst other benefits, always historically accrued double base points.

I had multiple stays over the summer at Waldorf Astoria, Palm Dubai.

With one of the stays no points posted at all. After chasing I received the base, diamond, myway and H1 promotion, but not the impresario 2x base.

After many emails to the property and Hilton, I got nowhere. After involving the authorised rep on flyertalk, I got the impresario bonus, but as goodwill with a somewhat incomprehensible comment that impresario rates no longer accrue 2x points.

No idea if that’s correct, but my usage of impresario would generally not continue if there is no 2x points, as the other benefits depending on stay length, property and Hilton rate promotions at the time, make them uneconomic for me as diamond.

Just a caution to clarify impresario rate terms, before booking, whether the 2x base is continuing or not.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts

If you’ve got Emyr’s email, drop him a note – he can tell you quickly enough.

rjn21 31 posts

The bookings were all made with Emyr. He has been as helpful as possible, but has no further information at this stage.

JosephH 27 posts

I got double points fine on an Emyr booked stay at Conrad Tokyo in early September.

Jill Kinkell 154 posts

We got double at the WA Rome Cavalieri for last weekend.

Smudgerman 16 posts

Booked twice, same hotel, with Emyr and double points posted successfully on both occasions. Good luck and hope it gets resolved for you soon.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.