Inbound Dubai Flight Change so will miss connection – Please advise on options
8th August 2022 at 18:34Molly
I’ve booked a flight to Dubai in Feb 2023 using Avios and a 2 for 1.
The actual flight was booked as AMS – LHR – DXB / DXB – LHR – AMS to save on taxes.
The inbound flight is now moved from a DXB departure at 10.20am to 13.35. This means I will miss my connection from LHR – AMS.
I assume BA will offer later connection to AMS but this means I will probably miss my KLM connection back to HUY at 9.30pm.
Just considering my options
– do I leave for now hoping the flight will be changed back to an earlier time?
– can I not take the last leg back to AMS and travel back home by train (I will have checked luggage so not sure that’s an option)
– do I ask BA to change the booking to start from LHR and pay the extra taxes?8th August 2022 at 18:38AJA
I would wait to see what happens to the LHR-AMS flight. Ba will work out there is a misconnect and will move the booking to a later flight.
You may still have a problem with your separate KLM flight as a result.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- Blair Waldorf Salad on Emirates redemption
- _aDifferentSimon_ on Chat thread – Monday 26th September
- memesweeper on Emirates redemption
- memesweeper on BA Holidays tier point run
- DJ on A bug in the Amex application algorithm
- YFP on Virgin Voyages Master Thread
- Robm on Hilton cashback questions
- memesweeper on Curve card is the worst thing to happen to the points game
- Rob Burgess on UAE Platinum Dining Credit
- Rob Burgess on Emirates redemption
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.