Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Intentionally delay tier points posting?

• Seagull 60 posts

I know that in normal times you can ask for a 14 day grace period post TP year end to add points to the previous years tally, but is it possible to ask for TP posting to be deferred? My year end is Oct 8 and have requalified for Gold a while ago, but I have a US trip flying out Oct 1 and back Oct 7. I realise the inbound will post after my year end but is there a way to delay the outbound? Flying direct to LAX in J with a few internal J flights so will be worth adding to my 2023 total.

AJA 1,070 posts

No. Not possible. The only hope you have is that BA don’t automatically post the TP and they get added some time later but even then I think they will eventually post to the correct year.

dougzz99 619 posts

Both inbound and outbound will post to this year. Anything up to and including the 8th Oct will be this year. No flex on this at all.

Seagull 60 posts

Both inbound and outbound will post to this year. Anything up to and including the 8th Oct will be this year. No flex on this at all.

Thought that might be the case but thank you for confirming.

yonasl 954 posts

Just wondering what would happen if @Seagull removed his BAEC number from the booking and only claimed for the Avios and TPs 6 months into the next year?

ChrisC 956 posts

They still would still post to the collection year in which the flights took place.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.