Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards InterContinental Park Lane – Spire benefits on a reward stay?

• Olly1 5 posts

I have a reservation coming up at ICPL as an IHG Credit card free night rewards. I am Spire Ambassador and cannot find much information on what to expect, so looking for anyone’s previous experience. From TA’s limited reviews there is no compd lounge access and the upgrade listed on the reservation is one level upgrade. The hotel website pictures seem to have little to differentiate the standard and superior. I heard mention of double upgrade, one for being Spire, another for Ambassador )as one of the fixed benefits) but cannot substantiate this. Can we expect anything with the status, if even just drinks vouchers, or simply a pokey room and nothing else as it is a free Credit card reward night stay?

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    George K 288 posts

Stayed there pre-pandemic as Spire, but not Ambassador. Status was recognised and received a deluxe room as opposed to a classic one, but no club access. We did, however, get a cheese platter and wine sent to our room on arrival, and then some chocolates later on the same day.

Like you, this was an award night burn and a thoroughly uninspiring stay.

kai 77 posts

Stayed last year as SA and received a double upgrade to a Deluxe corner room. Room’s quite basic and from what people say the refurbished Mayfair rooms are much nicer. Standard 15 quid credit and choose between drinks voucher / 600 points.

TGLoyalty 497 posts

I’d contact them before hand (email should be on your reservation) and try to get an upgrade to a refurbished Mayfair room. Currently they would upgrade you within the older room categories.

You should get a drinks voucher for a free cocktail at the bar worth c£15 in central London so not bad. Ask for two! But I’d expect little else. Perhaps something sweet or fruit in your room.

You wouldn’t get free lounge access but you do get a slight discount on the rate (£110 for two includes private lounge check in, welcome drink each, breakfast (currently in the restaurant), afternoon lunch and evening canapés with free flowing Pommery champagne and some premium vodkas but the Gin etc was a bit of a let down) I think if you normally pay for breakfast and like champagne/a drink or three before dinner you can get value out of this and all of the food was actually pretty good. May even help your chances of an upgrade

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    TGLoyalty 497 posts

London [at] IHG.com in case it’s not on the email or it helps anyone else that sees this.

Don 24 posts

Stayed last week on an IHG card free night as Spire IHG. There was nothing, not even, “thanks for being a Spire Member”. The room was smart, albeit small. However, the doorman did refer to me by name which I’ve never had before at any hotel 🙂

memesweeper 1,242 posts

Don’t miss the signature cocktail as the free drink. Absolutely worth it (we got two, twice, don’t just hand over all the vouchers). Sorry I can’t remember the name!

RonnieB 288 posts

Stayed last week on an IHG card free night as Spire IHG. There was nothing, not even, “thanks for being a Spire Member”. The room was smart, albeit small. However, the doorman did refer to me by name which I’ve never had before at any hotel 🙂

That was exactly my experience last June, no SPire benefits and quite a gloomy place, a total waste of a free night voucher.

TGLoyalty 497 posts

I suspect if the room was smart you did get an upgrade to a Mayfair room.

Don 24 posts

Hi, no it wasn’t, you can see the rooms on the website. Classic has the same picture as Superior. Mayfair looks much nicer.

Harrier25 849 posts

Whilst on the subject of IHG Hotels in London, has anyone here stayed at the Hotel Indigo, Leicester Square?

RonnieB 288 posts

I suspect if the room was smart you did get an upgrade to a Mayfair room.

No I def didn’t – I needed a twin with my daughter so it was a very small pokey room, very disappointed when the hotel was pretty empty. I’d never ever ever go back there.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.